Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Cal O'Reilly to 1-Year, $600K Deal (Two-Way)

Bean in Charge

Dec 24, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I don't know much about him other than his above-average player in Utica. Is there ever a chance he seems NHL games again? He looked to have one relatively successful stint in Nashville (18pts in 38 games). At 27, you gotta think his NHL window is diminishing and he's almost locked into career AHLer.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I don't know much about him other than his above-average player in Utica. Is there ever a chance he seems NHL games again? He looked to have one relatively successful stint in Nashville (18pts in 38 games). At 27, you gotta think his NHL window is diminishing and he's almost locked into career AHLer.

Gave him a 2 way deal so he'll probably be called up at some point.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY

Cal is a tweaner. A very good top 6 AHL player but I don't think his game translates into a bottom 6 NHL role unless he were to be paired with skilled wingers on a decent 3rd line. He is a pass first pure playmaker and needs scorers to set up. He is not a high energy 4th line type.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
very rough copy of lineup:

Forwards

Shinkaruk
Gaunce
Fox
Grenier
Jensen (if he doesn't make big club)
Lain
Zalewski
Friesen
Archibald
De Fazio (i believe was qualified)
O'Reilly
Jeffrey

Defense:

Saguinetti
Biega
Corrado(if he doesn't make big club)
McEneny (or does he get sent back as an overager)
Blain
Huskins ( hopefully )
Anderson and Tommernes?

Goalies:

Eriksson
Cannata

Golden Boy

The Spy in Beantown
Mar 24, 2012
Currently Undercover
very rough copy of lineup:

Forwards

Shinkaruk
Gaunce
Fox
Grenier
Jensen (if he doesn't make big club)
Lain
Zalewski
Friesen
Archibald
De Fazio (i believe was qualified)
O'Reilly
Jeffrey

Defense:

Saguinetti
Biega
Corrado(if he doesn't make big club)
McEneny (or does he get sent back as an overager)
Blain
Huskins ( hopefully )
Anderson and Tommernes?

Goalies:

Eriksson
Cannata

Markstrom will be down there most likely.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Markstrom will be down there most likely.

I don't know how they can get Markstrom down there unless he can clear waivers or doesn't get invited to camp. If they can get him to Utica though, a Markstrom/Erickson tandem will look solid. Actually, that lineup as a whole should be pretty exciting to watch from the standpoint of youthful potential.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
O'Reilly and Jeffrey are the type of players you need on the farm to help young prospects like Gaunce and Fox develop. They can also be pressed into service as 3rd/4th liners for a handful of games with the big club in case of injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad