Confirmed Signing with Link: Canucks sign Elias Pettersson to ELC

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I personally don't support that approach. If we want him as a center, we should play him as a center. I can't think of any cases with current management where they have taken the above noted approach, I'm not confident they will suddenly start now especially with one of their smartest prospects in years.

Agree with you. Look at how poorly Habs mgmt did with Galchenyuk

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
The Canucks should let him play in the AHL for a full season. But they should make sure that the Comets dominate so he can gain playoff experience.

Maybe call him up later in the season if he's dominating

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Not really. Pettersson is a C/RW.

Pettersson has played all three forward positions. Although he was used primarily as a RW this season, he's actually a left-handed shooter, so would actually complement Boeser if they were used as wingers on the same line. That actually has the potential to be a lethal power-play competition, Boeser as the shooter on the left side, Pettersson as the shooter on the right side.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
The Canucks should let him play in the AHL for a full season. But they should make sure that the Comets dominate so he can gain playoff experience.

Maybe call him up later in the season if he's dominating

There is no reason for Pettersson to play in the AHL. He is good enough for the NHL and the AHL is still a rougher, slower, sloppier game than the NHL. No reason to put him there. Not beneficial to him or the team. There is about a 96% chance he is a Vancouver Canuck from day one next year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This kid is the next big ticket coming to the NHL. I think at worst he’s going to be a Marner or Aho caliber of player. I think his ceiling is higher than both though. I really hope at some point he gets to center Boeser, that would be a fun line to watch (other than when they play the Flames).

Super excited for this kid.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
This kid is the next big ticket coming to the NHL. I think at worst he’s going to be a Marner or Aho caliber of player. I think his ceiling is higher than both though. I really hope at some point he gets to center Boeser, that would be a fun line to watch (other than when they play the Flames).

Super excited for this kid.
At worst he's going to be a Marner calibre player.. Alright man. 90+ projections in here also, geez.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
At worst he's going to be a Marner calibre player.. Alright man. 90+ projections in here also, geez.

He has an elite skill package. Players like that play their game and find success. Pettersson is already a very good hockey player, I have no doubts that he’s going be a top player in the NHL.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
He has an elite skill package. Players like that play their game and find success. Pettersson is already a very good hockey player, I have no doubts that he’s going be a top player in the NHL.
I mean so was Marner in junior. Sorry if I think it's a little ridiculous how his floor is a 70 point sophomore winger.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
He already is translating. I hope he stays healthy. I just read he is 6 ‘2 and 161 lb’s. Needs to bulk up, eat some carbs this summer.
Last I heard the other day he was 177. If he gets around 180-185 I think it'll be a good weight for him.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I mean so was Marner in junior. Sorry if I think it's a little ridiculous how his floor is a 70 point sophomore winger.

I don't get why Leafs fans take it as a diss. Pettersson just broke records that weren't even close to being touched over the past 40 years in a men's league...I get if you haven't watched him play, but you need to watch him play then to say that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad