Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Mitch Eliot (Michigan State) to 3-year ELC

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
First article on Google about him:

Cole Dismayed By Late-Season Departure of D-Man Eliot

Michigan State defenseman Mitch Eliot decided to leave the team earlier in the week to sign with Sarnia of the major junior OHL. The move came with just six games left in the regular season, which only added to Spartans' head coach Danton Cole's dismay.

"At this point of the season, it would've been nice if he wanted to leave to finish," Cole said. "If you want to leave early in the year, that's one thing, but six games to go and the Michigan weekend (coming up), it's an odd time.

"But we'll deal with it. We want the guys in the locker room who want to be in the locker room. If they don't want to be here, get the hell out of here. If that's where your head's at — it's hard enough winning when everyone's on the same page. So, you know what, our locker room is better."
:laugh:

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Might be good Utica fodder for next year if Juolevi comes up

But I don't know anything about him so we will see how this goes. Has more offensive upside than Chatfield it appears lol

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Can the Canucks sign this guy?

Charles-Edouard D'Astous

Looked great last for Rimouski last week.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
with the amount of whining from MS, this seems to be a much needed move for Utica.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I'd be happy if all he does is improve Utica. Our prospect depth on D will just be Woo and Rathbone when Hughes and Juolevi are promoted.

You like Rathbone, I don't. You forgot Brisebois, Utunen looks good to me.

Var

Nov 10, 2007
Decent enough numbers. Captain of Team USA in 2016 sounds good. Nice that it's an ELC and not a waiver pickup. If he does ever start to contribute, it's a good contract to have him on. If he doesn't, he sounds well rounded enough that he'll still be a solid Utica defenceman.

Mitch Eliot at eliteprospects.com

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
So, Sarnia puts up a ten-spot tonight vs Erie, and ... not a point for Eliot.

He's an over-ager, so I'm not that optimistic. "I am old, I am old, I shall wear my trousers rolled ..." or something. Who wrote that again?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
You like Rathbone, I don't. You forgot Brisebois, Utunen looks good to me.

I think he has shown well for where he was drafted but, he will probably not be a full time NHL defencemen. Realistically, Only one of our D prospects after Hughes and Juolevi make the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad