Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign D Luke Schenn to 2-Year, 1-Way Deal ($850K AAV)

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
2 years seems really weird.

I didn't mind him here but the player has mostly been replacement level his entire career. It'll be hilarious if we're overpaying for rings.

Reactions: geebaan

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Player is extremely limited and advanced stats hate him but I honestly didn’t mind him at all. Should be a good depth guy for us.

Reactions: MarkMM and geebaan

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
2 years seems really weird.

I didn't mind him here but the player has mostly been replacement level his entire career. It'll be hilarious if we're overpaying for rings.
It’s weird because I can’t remember anyone on this board or twitter that hated Schenn even though his analytics sucked.

Cult Schenn fan club

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It’s weird because I can’t remember anyone on this board or twitter that hated Schenn even though his analytics sucked.

Cult Schenn fan club

He was inexpensive, didn’t get spoon fed a bunch of unwarranted ice time, hit everything that moved and defended the rookies. Those sorts of things will endear a guy to a fanbase.

So long as the dollars are smart, I will be pretty stoked. Ideally under $1m per year.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I don’t hate it—but that’s someone to play on the third pair with Rathbone. Not on the top two pairs with Hughes or OEL. His salary needs to reflect this or it will be an overpay.

He has only averaged 10-12 minutes per game since returning from the AHL a couple of years ago. I’m also a little wary of giving him too big of a role as I think his positive metrics were influenced by the team effects of playing on Tampa.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

Player is extremely limited and advanced stats hate him but I honestly didn’t mind him at all. Should be a good depth guy for us.

Ugh….she’s annoying and pretty terrible…but I’d be quite pleased to have Schenn back, provided it’s reasonably priced.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Why 2 years? I like Luke but thats kind of weird for a replacement level player. He is the perfect partner for Rathbone though. Sign Hamonic if Schmidt is gone too and thats the D core

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Ugh….she’s annoying and pretty terrible…but I’d be quite pleased to have Schenn back, provided it’s reasonably priced.
I think Sam has good takes most of the time and I respect overall what she does and the voice she provides.

I don’t agree with everything she says, but she takes a ridiculous amount of heat/abuse. I don’t want to derail the thread but if you want to DM or continue in the media thread, we can :thumbu:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Why 2 years? I like Luke but thats kind of weird for a replacement level player. He is the perfect partner for Rathbone though. Sign Hamonic if Schmidt is gone too and thats the D core

I would assume thats so Woo has time to develope properly. He will definitely spend the whole 2022 season in the AHL and maybe the start of the 2023 season

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I wouldn't mind having Schenn back at a reasonable price. He filled in nicely when he played for the Canucks a couple of seasons a go. Schenn was steady for us, he threw an occasional big hit, and stood up for his teammates. I liked him a lot, and would gladly take him back on a reasonable contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad