Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Devante Stephens to 1-Year, 2-Way Deal ($750K)

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Has spent most of his career in the ECHL. Surprising he got an NHL deal.
I'm guessing it is an AHL deal.

It's happened before with Utica were the media/ Canucks announced a "Canucks" signing and it turned out to be an AHL contract.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Former defensive partner of Madison Bowey :thumbu:

It almost seems like they are trying to sign as many semi-local players as they can to fill Abbotsford

We are. It was reported that there was a lot of interest from local players with regards to coming here to potentially play for Abbotsford.

Reactions: cc

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Has spent most of his career in the ECHL. Surprising he got an NHL deal.

Heres a story about him. He didnt make Midget AAA for Semiahmoo in his First year of Midget then made Major Midget in his second year and then Jumped to the WHL in his Draft year and got drafted in the 5th round. He is an example of a late bloomer who has seem to progress rapidly over a 3 year period. IM not saying he is an NHL player but thats a impressive progress curve for any player

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Former defensive partner of Madison Bowey :thumbu:

We are. It was reported that there was a lot of interest from local players with regards to coming here to potentially play for Abbotsford.

It's almost like the light bulb went off over JB's head and he realized that players from around here will actually WANT to play here, in fact they might even PREFER to play here. Baby steps I know but good news IMHO.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
It's almost like the light bulb went off over JB's head and he realized that players from around here will actually WANT to play here, in fact they might even PREFER to play here. Baby steps I know but good news IMHO.

I’m guessing this isn’t something Benning himself is involved in. Other than Benn, has Benning gone after anyone for a hometown discount? Hamonic I guess?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I’m guessing this isn’t something Benning himself is involved in. Other than Benn, has Benning gone after anyone for a hometown discount? Hamonic I guess?

I wouldn't use "home town discount" to describe the Benn signing or any of his depth/AHL signings. Hamonic is also not a local guy. But in addition to Benn, he's gone after quite a few local guys: Stecher, Kerfoot, Myers, Barrie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad