Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D - Brogan Rafferty

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh being legally blind in one of his eyes seems like a concern.

Remember when the BC Lions actually drafted a guy who was dead? I think they found out about the player’s passing, when they phoned his house to welcome him to their franchise.

Reactions: duplo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Remember when the BC Lions actually drafted a guy who was dead? I think they found out about the player’s passing, when they phoned his house to welcome him to their franchise.

It's happened in the CFL a couple times, but not by the Lions as far as I know.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Carl Soderberg did it
Ohlund too

Edit: I am actually not sure if he was "legally blind", but he had the puck hit his eye and had a follow-up surgery the year later. I am told that he "wasn't quite the same" after that but I don't have vivid memories of the before/after.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
There are a lot of angry guys whose real name is Brogan in the this thread. Who knew it was so popular.
Because there’s no reason to be a prick and make fun of some young guy’s name, considering it has history as an Irish surname and surnames as first names are becoming more common

If he had some weird foreign sounding name no one would dare call it stupid lol

Reactions: F A N

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Utica's right defense needs work. Chatfield is the only returning Canucks owned player. They are adding Mitch Eliot and Brogan Rafferty now and likely more.
I would much rather watch Canucks signed players then ahl fodder like Darcy and Woods...

I bought the AHL package and when they dealt Dahlen and Gadovich and Lind got injured I stopped watching... other than Big Mack there are virtually no one else worth watching....

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I would much rather watch Canucks signed players then ahl fodder like Darcy and Woods...

I bought the AHL package and when they dealt Dahlen and Gadovich and Lind got injured I stopped watching... other than Big Mack there are virtually no one else worth watching....

Maybe if ?Benning didn’t trade away so many second and third round picks in his first few years here there would be lots of young prospects in Utica to watch? Is the lack of young prospects in Utica just another nail in Benning’s coffin?

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
Don’t have much trust in Quinnipiac University’s development program. I rather they sign Brassard instead. But I don’t mind these signings if they aren’t able to attract the top guys or the top guys aren’t good anyways. These type of signings are essentially an expensive pre-screening or pre-sale where you get the watch the players practice and maybe play in an NHL game before deciding whether you want to commit to the player long term. If they show some potential you can sign them up for a year or two. If not you can walk away. I am not sure that there too many NHL den who converted to the position so late in their amateur hockey careers. Luca Sbisa would actually rank as one of the more successful ones.

What is wrong the with the QU development program? Toews is looking just fine and we are starting to produce more and more players that are getting signed/drafted by NHL teams.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
A dude on Twitter insisted to me and arsmaster that this was a Mike Gillis event, by the way. Which obviously didn't somehow slip under the radar. Good to know what it's actually from.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
dude has enough sight in the bad eye to have stereo vision and depth perception and it is good enough he usefully wears a corrective lens. it sounds like he is roughly where ohlund was 12 games into his career, and not as bad a malhotra.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
What is wrong the with the QU development program? Toews is looking just fine and we are starting to produce more and more players that are getting signed/drafted by NHL teams.

I don't mean to rag on your school. They have a lot of BC boys going there. They just don't have much of an established record for developing NHL players. Toews is looking fine, but that's one player. The Canucks obviously have scouts watching QU. Tanner MacMaster is a recent QU grad who signed with the Canucks' farm team and of course Garteig.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Kids gone through a lot to get to the NHL, sounds like another strong character guy:

-------------------------

Quinnipiac freshman Brogan Rafferty already drawing attention from NHL scouts:

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/article/Quinnipiac-freshman-Brogan-Rafferty-already-11324220.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Desktop)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Pretty amazing story. Had spinal surgery as a child. Reduced vision in one eye. Grew 5 inches from age 16 to 19.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I'm kind of surprised they allowed him to have such a low number. Prospects of this calibre usually get high assigned numbers.
I was surprised Teves was given #4 too. I guess there isn't much expectation that they'll actually be on the team next year so why not give them a cool jersey to bring home with a number they actually want on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->