Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign C Blair Jones to 1-Year Deal

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is this the same Blair Jones who played for the Oilers and was cut from Utica last year only a few games into the season?

May 31, 2006
From what I remember, Jones is not bad defensively. I'd rather have him as our 4th line centre over Vey (with Vey as the top line player for Utica).

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'd say he's the 4th line centre at the moment. Not a bad player, not much upside, but he's a responsible centre that won't hurt you and has hands.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Last I saw of him, he wasn't a bad 4th liner at the NHL level, so he'll be great in O'Rielly's spot down in Utica.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I have nothing against the player himself but the fact that he was part of the Flames organization the same time as Weisbrod concerns me. The more we are linked to that guy the worse I feel.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
He was really good the year he was here in Abbotsford. He was up and down to Calgary, but every time I saw him he was producing and noticeable. Solid pickup for Utica, and a guy that could be called up if we get a lot of injuries up front

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
From what I remember, Jones is not bad defensively. I'd rather have him as our 4th line centre over Vey (with Vey as the top line player for Utica).

However slightly bit better defensively Jones may be, he has had very poor NHL production. Should be an okay for a callup guy and a much needed productive player for the Comets but I wouldn't expect much in the big league.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
This is a Utica signing. We've lost a couple key guys down there so Jones will be a nice addition. I don't expect him to be the first called up from Utica.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Clearly the Cal O'Reilly replacement. Should be fine as the go to guy in Utica, might see a cup of coffee with the Nucks

TheBleedingEdge

Feb 13, 2012
My favourite part is that this was not acknowledged one bit, and if this happened to the Bruins, they would have cried bloody friggin murder.

Yet Rome got a 4 game suspension in the SCF for a late hit... this got nothing. It really is the salt in the wound that never heals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad