Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign Brock Boeser to 3 year deal worth 5.875 million annually. | #607

Thoughts on the deal?

• Total voters

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
This is 100% on the Canucks training staff, coaches and management.

Boeser is your asset.

You are supposed to protect your asset.

I actually can’t believe how poorly they handled this.

No concussion protocol, no sitting him just to be safe (it’s a preseason game), no physical response from the team (remember when they all stood around when Pettersson got concussed?), coach says “its a hockey play,” no outraged statement from management demanding a very harsh and severe suspension for what was a clearly dirty play in a preseason game.

It’s actually pathetic.

One of these days the horrible injury/concussion prevention and treatment by this team is going to cost them dearly.

Boeser, Pettersson, Demko, these players are the entire future and they’ve all had their concussions mismanaged. If they have lingering issues from this, it could spell doom for our future.

The second concussion is always worse than the first. And with how badly the first has been managed for our young core, it could end up diminishing their long term effectiveness as players.
Oh they're morons alright. Strangely though, it seems there wasn't even a concussion spotter at the arena in Abbottsford last night. I would like to see someone delve into that issue a little further. All in all though, losing two players in dumb boarding incidents is pretty lousy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sure thing :thumbu:

Literally every fanbase thinks every RFA contract to a key player is ‘excellent’, which is obviously impossible. These are generally pretty straightforward affairs that end in similar deals and fans are just happy that the deal is done.

When you look at the other comparable contracts (Werenski, McAvoy, Point) this deal is completely average.

Reactions: vanuck and timw33

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
[MOD]

What do you disagree with in my post?

If it’s an ‘excellent deal’ that’s so obviously excellent, it should be pretty easy to look at the other bridge deals as evidence to show why. And prove me wrong.

It’s getting *really* tiresome to have people constantly resorting to personal shots rather than actual debate, and when it happens I kinda always know the person knows they’re wrong.

And for the record, when an actual excellent deal was signed with Edler, I was more than willing to say so.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
He won't, but Green really should mind who he dresses for tomorrow's return match vs Ottawa. That rookie coach of theirs has the look of a troglodyte about him. Looks like he could fold Green into a dagwood sandwich with very little effort.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
He won't, but Green really should mind who he dresses for tomorrow's return match vs Ottawa. That rookie coach of theirs has the look of a troglodyte about him. Looks like he could fold Green into a dagwood sandwich with very little effort.

He looks like one of those trolls from the Hobbit.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
I know, wtf eh. Talk about the coach not being a 'team player.' And it's far from the first time he's failed to to bat for a player injured via cheap shot. It's always a 'hockey play' to this *******.
That was the last straw for me. I gave him a pass because he didn't have the personnel to handle any kind of pushback, but to do nothing in an absolutely meaningless game is inexcusable. Fire him.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
[MOD]

What do you disagree with in my post?

If it’s an ‘excellent deal’ that’s so obviously excellent, it should be pretty easy to look at the other bridge deals as evidence to show why. And prove me wrong.

It’s getting *really* tiresome to have people constantly resorting to personal shots rather than actual debate, and when it happens I kinda always know the person knows they’re wrong.

And for the record, when an actual excellent deal was signed with Edler, I was more than willing to say so.

I already responded in another thread outlining why I didn’t believe the agent’s interview was the “smoking gun”.

The agent actually says if he had to “guess” (he uses that word) management was probably looking for a lower number because of things tightening up. He then follows up by saying also maybe they had concerns about Brock’s injury history.

The point is he is being far more speculative than you are portraying it.

Moreover, Bob McKenzie stated that he was surprised a long term wasn’t done at the draft. That suggests it wasn’t UFA signings or the resulting lack of cap space that stopped a long term deal. Instead, it suggests that money and/or term were the issue.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
In a meaningless preseason game someone on the Canucks has to be tough enough to tune a guy up who takes out any of our top 4, being Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and Horvat. Just sad really. So he gets a 2 game suspension. Big deal. Otherwise people will be taking liberties with these guys, particularly Pettersson and Hughes.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I’m legitimately not sure if this is sarcastic or not but just in case it isn’t:

They completely mishandled Boeser’s back injury in his rookie season.

They put Demko and Pettersson on flights immediately after they sustained concussions, which made Demko’s symptoms even worse.

It was sarcasm. Lots of sarcasm. They let Mason Raymond skate with a broken neck and recently let Juolevi bag skate till he was literally clutching his surgically repaired knee in pain. Literally the worst medical staff in sports.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
In a meaningless preseason game someone on the Canucks has to be tough enough to tune a guy up who takes out any of our top 4, being Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and Horvat. Just sad really. So he gets a 2 game suspension. Big deal. Otherwise people will be taking liberties with these guys, particularly Pettersson and Hughes.
Yes would be nice if someone stepped up and Bertuzzi'd or McSorley'd him. We all know what a trash bag goon Horvats buddy Chris Tierney is... Gotta go after and injure that guy. Eye for an Eye with a skull fracture i say. Geez Benning i thought we were gonna be like the Broastreet Bullies not a bunch of sissies.....Coach and GM should be demanding retribution from the boys.

All this is still ok isn't it?

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah Travis Green’s comments were bullshit.

Anyone notice that this guy literally never bats for his players, especially the younger ones?

I have little issue with Green and think he’s obviously better than Willie, but I’m starting to get annoyed with how little he sticks up for his guys in the media.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Yes would be nice if someone stepped up and Bertuzzi'd or McSorley'd him. We all know what a trash bag goon Horvats buddy Chris Tierney is... Gotta go after and injure that guy. Eye for an Eye with a skull fracture i say. Geez Benning i thought we were gonna be like the Broastreet Bullies not a bunch of sissies.....Coach and GM should be demanding retribution from the boys.

All this is still ok isn't it?

There's a big difference between the Bertuzzi incident and sending a message that it's not ok to cheap shot our star players. This team apparently can't even acknowledge that it's unacceptable though.. "just a hockey play".

Nov 1, 2011
There's a big difference between the Bertuzzi incident and sending a message that it's not ok to cheap shot our star players. This team apparently can't even acknowledge that it's unacceptable though.. "just a hockey play".

Problem is that it is just a hockey play.

It shouldn't be, but it is.

Just give 10+ game suspensions for first offenses, 40+ games for 2nd and lifetime for 3rd offenses.

Maybe we'll see star players play concussion free careers. Maybe Crosby and McDavid may not miss half seasons any more with injuries.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
There's absolutely no fire in Green's belly, nor Benning's. They're couple of jellyfish that get folded over in every confrontation/ negotiation, or whatever. You want to wring their necks sometimes. Guys like Quinn and Burke could go overboard the other way but I actually miss that now. Better that than just the old meek el foldo in every conflict. So frustrating.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Agree M.L. What does Green think? That we are all stupid. How is a hit to the back driving someone head first into the boards a hockey play? And how do you play one of your top players in a meaningless pre-season game when he has trouble getting up after the hit? Green should be ashamed of himself and somewhat fearful of any liability here..

But you know what there are fans that are that stupid and they will buy this - just like the buy everything else they are fed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->