Canucks should Trade for Elias Pettersson's brother

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Let's see where the Canucks are at in January. If they are moving their AHL team to somewhere in Greater Vancouver, we can acquire him in a year or two years time to help with the Elias contract extension.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I thought about this too. Would be a neat move if we could swap with Nashville for one of our prospects of equal value.

Nucksfan1990

Aug 8, 2018
From their POV - why would the Preds wish to do this?

I think it's a great idea for the canucks to pursue this. But the predators legitimately have no reason not to ask for anything less than above market value. They can do a like for like swap with any organization, why do that with Vancouver when they're the only team who would target him.

In conjunction with this why would Nashville not hold onto the other Pettersson? If Elias is as good as he looks and his brother isnt bad value (and is viable hockey player at any level) they keep him on the slim chance the canucks still suck and they can attract Elias there. Basically if the whispers coming out have any truth. About him being 1st overall on a teams draft list as is and many experts coming out and saying he would've been 1st if he weighed an extra 10 lbs then using a contract spot on his brother makes complete sense based on the league wide opinion and the accomplishments of this prospect

Reactions: 3rd Sedin

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Only if the team allows them to go full 1980 Hartford Whalers with the jerseys.

bf9ea7912a223013ed2e4d29a7b7ad2f.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not sure Emil is much a prospect anymore..2013 sixth rounder and now 24, who starting his second year in the AHL....more likely he eventually returns to Sweden.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Vancouver Canucks make minor move, acquire Yan Stastny and send him to AHL
Vancouver Canucks make minor move, acquire Yan Stastny and send him to AHL
NHL.com @NHL
March 3rd, 2010

VANCOUVER, B.C. - The Vancouver Canucks acquired forward Yan Stastny from the St. Louis Blues for prospect Pierre-Cedric Labrie on Wednesday.

Stastny was assigned to AHL Manitoba.

The 27-year-old has played 91 career career NHL games with St. Louis, Boston and Edmonton.

The Canucks signed Labrie as a free agent in 2007. He's yet to appear in an NHL game.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Why not offer a late round pick? As much as I’m against giving away picks, I’d rather him spend them on these types of deals. Not sure he has room on the squad though this year or coming years.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I thought Nashville was still pretty high on Emil. They have been patient with him, and he has improved every year. Canucks shouldn't be moving picks/young assets though.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
No PR moves... just hockey ones please.

Why just invite the inevitable life long comparisons to the Sedin's.

And God forbid that stupid "Sisters" moniker rears it's ugly head again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->