Rumor: Canucks shopping Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Ya JB has been just awful. go back under ur bridge while I enjoy the most exciting time coming in the next 1-2 years since we were the best team for 10 years. He has not once mentioned Tanev. Edler is our Best D having an unbelievable season. But your right He has only given us the best player to come around since gee maybe 99. You bandwagon fans have zero clue how things work. to you guys its all about shiny toy syndrome. Name one good prospect he has given up on? Unless we get Bovquist from Chi Dahlen goes nowhere.

You understand the irony of saying Pettersson might be the best player since Gretzky and then suggesting that other people have shiny toy syndrome, right? Also predicting that the Canucks will be the best team for the next 10 years (I think that's what you did anyway, you continuously switch between tenses with no rhyme or reason) is setting yourself up to be very, very disappointed. Also "your" is possessive, if you can replace the word with "you are" it's "you're".

Reactions: sabresEH

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Dahlen for Nylander
Actually if Dahlen were to be dealt, this is the kind of trade that could make sense. Both guys considered mild underachievers in the AHL, although as a former first rounder Alex Nylander is the bigger disappointment at the moment.

But just goes to show, the chances of snagging the next Marcus Naslund or Filip Forsberg in a deadline deal is somewhere between slim and none, and "Slim' just left town.

Obviously Ottawa deemed him expendable for a reason.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Come on. Trading Forsling for Clendening was a bad move by Benning.

On topic, I think it is unlikely that the Nucks give up on Dahlén this early.

To elaborate. Trading Forsling for Clandenning who you then a few months later decide doesnt have NHL level skating is bad.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Compared to pouliot or gudbranson he’s amazing, but he’s a no. 6 or healthy scratch on almost every team in the league. Feel free to quote me on this when he’s not a replacement level player.
Jared McCann is a solid 3rd liner.

We also traded our 2016 33rd overall pick which we could’ve gotten a good prospect with.

But I guess that’s garbage?

Eso

Oct 6, 2013
I like some of proposals here but still - I don't think Dahlen will go anywhere from Canucks as he is good friend with there beloved Swede guy.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Huh? A 33rd overall pick is never a "garbage asset".

Jared McCann is literally scoring at the exact same rate as Jake Virtanen, it's hilarious that Canucks fans consider McCann garbage but Virtanen is better than Nylander!!!!

Wait, Alex or William?

Also, is this really some Canucks fans thought process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->