Rumor: Canucks shopping Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Sekeras is such a knob.

I listened to him and Botchford and was basically throwing names at the wind and saying they MIGHT have the appetite to trade him if they could get the right player back...typical deadline rhetoric.

Was kinda funny when Botchford said he's talked to scouts who feel he's really slippery good in tight and havent soured on him but acknowledged he needs to get more explosion to his skating.

It would have to be a pretty good offer. As we all know some of the Swedes are a little later bloomers physically and i've watched him live and he has tremendous hands finish and instincts.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I find this rumour fascinating because the way the Canucks brass have talked about him and the way the media has covered him since he came to North America has lead me to just have a feeling that there’s something about his game that the Canucks just don’t like. With Vancouver I’ve noticed this three times and was right on 2 out of 3 (Right on Hodgson and Subban, wrong on Baertschi).

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
giphy.gif
tenor.gif

Last edited:

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Even if he didn't work out, Dahlen was/is an okay prospect that went for a washed up Burrows that Ottawa inexplicably extended then bought out. Nucks fans have every right to be happy about that deal.
Typical east coast blowhard. who has no idea that suckarass is a total hack. Dahlen is top 10 in rookie scoring after. a few slow months learning the NA style of game. So ya this was and still is a good trade. Why not fact check before posting

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Dominating Allsvenskan at 20 is not impressive. If you're playing in Allsvenskan at 20 it's not a good sign.
He chose to stay there. He had 5 offers in the SHL but wanted to get his team back into the SHL which he accomplished. Leading the league in playoff scoring. Does anyone fact check before posting? He chose way less money to stay loyal. get your facts straight buds.

Reactions: peatmoss and bh53

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
this makes no sense (yet doesn't mean it's untrue). Not only is Dahlen the canucks best current forward prospect outside of the NHL, but he is also best friends with Pettersson, they've had terrific success together as linemates, he has had a decent season with Utica, and fits into a serious need for the team as a wing prospect who is <2yrs from NHL minutes.

Unfortunately, with Benning at the helm this could very well be true and fits with his rhetoric in interview about the deadline - wanting to 'improve' the team, and talking about resigning edler and tanev to multi-year deals.
Ya JB has been just awful. go back under ur bridge while I enjoy the most exciting time coming in the next 1-2 years since we were the best team for 10 years. He has not once mentioned Tanev. Edler is our Best D having an unbelievable season. But your right He has only given us the best player to come around since gee maybe 99. You bandwagon fans have zero clue how things work. to you guys its all about shiny toy syndrome. Name one good prospect he has given up on? Unless we get Bovquist from Chi Dahlen goes nowhere.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Typical east coast blowhard. who has no idea that suckarass is a total hack. Dahlen is top 10 in rookie scoring after. a few slow months learning the NA style of game. So ya this was and still is a good trade. Why not fact check before posting

It was a good trade, but it's not proving to have a good result. Dahlen's production has been primarily PP.

Also, I'm not sure how Sekeres is a total hack and on "Ecklund's" level. His success rate for speculation is pretty good. Most of the media guys in vancouver tend to be well connected. Some more than others, but Sekeres is not the type of guy to just throw shit at a wall blindly. For what it's worth, you are doing that by assuming that his source is the comets scratching him, when that isn't what he said.

He chose to stay there. He had 5 offers in the SHL but wanted to get his team back into the SHL which he accomplished. Leading the league in playoff scoring. Does anyone fact check before posting? He chose way less money to stay loyal. get your facts straight buds.

The first part of the post that you responded to is correct; dominating the allsvenkan at 20 is NOT overly impressive. He SHOULD be dominating at that age. But, the poster's second part is wrong based off of what you said. He could have played at a higher level and in hindsight, he probably should have.

Ya JB has been just awful. go back under ur bridge while I enjoy the most exciting time coming in the next 1-2 years since we were the best team for 10 years. He has not once mentioned Tanev. Edler is our Best D having an unbelievable season. But your right He has only given us the best player to come around since gee maybe 99. You bandwagon fans have zero clue how things work. to you guys its all about shiny toy syndrome. Name one good prospect he has given up on? Unless we get Bovquist from Chi Dahlen goes nowhere.

He's given up on multiple young players under 25 like Shinkaruk, Vey, Clendenning, Kassian, McCann. This isn't a bad thing. If you've lost faith in a player's ability, dump him. If you think you can get good value back for a player who hasn't trended well, like Virtanen, Juolevi, Dahlen etc.. by all means, take it.

Reactions: Bean Drown

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

I do, I searched Allsvenskan's history, and looked at every U-21 season. Whether he turned down money is irrelevant, the numbers he put up in that league at that age isn't overly impressive.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If you’re going to make stuff up, why not think first? Would be a stupid move by Vancouver.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Yes. One of the best AHL transitions the Comets have had in a rookie in a long time. Lets trade him! He's already 21, I can see the grey hairs growing already, clock is ticking !!

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Hate to break it to you...it’s not a steal if the guy you acquire accomplishes nothing with you even if the other guy was washed up lol.
People who diss guys who have yet to make their debut are very short sided. Go look at the most recent list of D with the highest PNHL% Hughes is 1st. woo, and OJ are in the middle. anything over 50 translates usually to a top 4 guy. Quinn was 78.9 OJ and Woo were almost 60. anything over 60 is top pairing. No other team had 3 guys but the Nucks. Same goes with Dahlen he would have been in Utica last year except he got mono and they felt it best to get a fresh start this year. Plus he wanted to get his team into the SHL which he did. The last couple of months his overall game has been the talk of Utica. so people can say whatever, just remember the source. Not one insider respects him. Dhaliwal is the guy Anyone from TSN has no love in Vancouver Especially, Matt

Feb 24, 2017
People who diss guys who have yet to make their debut are very short sided. Go look at the most recent list of D with the highest PNHL% Hughes is 1st. woo, and OJ are in the middle. anything over 50 translates usually to a top 4 guy. Quinn was 78.9 OJ and Woo were almost 60. anything over 60 is top pairing. No other team had 3 guys but the Nucks. Same goes with Dahlen he would have been in Utica last year except he got mono and they felt it best to get a fresh start this year. Plus he wanted to get his team into the SHL which he did. The last couple of months his overall game has been the talk of Utica. so people can say whatever, just remember the source. Not one insider respects him. Dhaliwal is the guy Anyone from TSN has no love in Vancouver Especially, Matt
Don’t worry about that poster. He is one of the most vigilant keyboard warriors the Leafs subsection possesses, ready always to go to war against anything Toronto Maple Leafs.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Mcsnn? ur kidding right? He was a throw-in in the Pitts trade. Forsling has not exactly lit the world on fire.

Come on. Trading Forsling for Clendening was a bad move by Benning.

On topic, I think it is unlikely that the Nucks give up on Dahlén this early.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

I don’t think any of that has anything to do with my post. My point was simple: You can't call it a steal of a trade if Dahlen ends up accomplishing nothing or very little with the Canucks.

A “steal” turns into a nothing deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad