Rumor: Canucks shopping Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Maybe in his d+1 season but he dominated Allsvenskan last season without EP or any help.
Dominating Allsvenskan at 20 is not impressive. If you're playing in Allsvenskan at 20 it's not a good sign.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Believe me that everything Is fine in what ?

I'm not claiming to have inside sources like Sekeres is which is a load of poop

But you are claiming to know that he doesn’t have any legitimate sources. Not sure how you could know that.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
What does that have to do anything? We're talking about value here.

We got a solid very young LW prospect and dealt a 35+ washed up fourth liner. That is a steal given the ages and the level of where their career is respectively headed.

Hate to break it to you...it’s not a steal if the guy you acquire accomplishes nothing with you even if the other guy was washed up lol.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
I wonder what the Canucks are looking for in return. Are they dangling him as part of a package (or maybe on his own) for a long term roster player to come back? Or are they just looking to cut ties with him?

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Dahlen is pretty much a perimeter princess.....not much else..

Last edited:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
That's not how it works.

A prospect is a lottery ticket. (Like draft picks.) If doesn't need to hit to be a good trade.

The potential for him to become an NHLer was worth trading the aged Burrows.

I have a feeling you won't get this concept.

I get the concept that folks on here value prospects more than legit NHLers. It only makes sense if they actually accomplish something. That’s like trading in your old car for a new one that never runs.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
giphy.gif

pullyoursocksup

Jun 30, 2009
this makes no sense (yet doesn't mean it's untrue). Not only is Dahlen the canucks best current forward prospect outside of the NHL, but he is also best friends with Pettersson, they've had terrific success together as linemates, he has had a decent season with Utica, and fits into a serious need for the team as a wing prospect who is <2yrs from NHL minutes.

Unfortunately, with Benning at the helm this could very well be true and fits with his rhetoric in interview about the deadline - wanting to 'improve' the team, and talking about resigning edler and tanev to multi-year deals.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Sekeres went on to tweet about Canucks thinking Dahlen isn’t an NHL level skater. So at his size not being able to translate to the next level.
TBH I never felt his skating was all that bad. Someone called him a perimeter princess, from the times I’ve watched him I felt this was more often true with spurts of going to the dirty areas. Mostly felt it was his willingness to commit to the 200ft game that would probably be asked of him in a 2/3 line depth role had he made the NHL. I’d look at defenceman around the same age

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Didn’t Pettersson & Dahlen rip it up together in the Swedish Elite league? Why not bring him up first and see if they can rekindle that magic before shopping him? This literally makes no sense.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Didn’t Pettersson & Dahlen rip it up together in the Swedish Elite league? Why not bring him up first and see if they can rekindle that magic before shopping him? This literally makes no sense.

in the allsvenskan league, it's their 2nd teir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad