Rumor: Canucks shopping Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Sekeres has 0 pull or connection in the Vancouver market. He literally is in love with his own voice.

Dahlen has had a fine 1st yr in North America.

He is also best friends with the franchise player and has played with him since they were 14.

Everyone comes out of the woodshed at trade deadline claiming to have a scoop to boost up the ratings and clicks.

Might as well believe the hot dog vendor on Main St if you're going to believe Sekeres

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Sekeres has 0 pull or connection in the Vancouver market. He literally is in love with his own voice.

He is also best friends with the franchise player and has played with him since they were 14.

Everyone comes out of the woodshed at trade deadline claiming to have a scoop to boost up the ratings and clicks.

Might as well believe the hot dog vendor on Main St if you're going to believe Sekeres

But we should believe you that everything is fine?

Reactions: gab6511 and Drew311

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Seems unlikely that a rebuilding team like the Canucks would part with a productive 21 year old who has the history he does with their franchise center without giving him so much as a call-up.

I wouldnt even do a 3rd straight up for Puljujarvi.

giphy.gif

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If he is traded, I think that means there's something "wrong" with him. Character issues of a big flaw in his game that isn't correctable or something. Makes no sense otherwise, and would explain Ottawa's decision 2 years ago.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I remember as an Ottawa fan hearing what a grave mistake that trade was. I didn't think Dahlen would ever amount to much but on HFBoards he was a surefire top 6 player.

He was carried by Pettersson.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
makes that trade look less devastating at least. that trade was the beginning on the end for the franchise had it ended up how everyone predicted

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If he is traded, I think that means there's something "wrong" with him. Character issues of a big flaw in his game that isn't correctable or something. Makes no sense otherwise, and would explain Ottawa's decision 2 years ago.

I dont think he has character issues... just some doubt about how his game will translate. I still think he could return a 2nd and maybe an asset on top of that.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i can believe that the canucks would entertain packaging him in the right trade. the part about them shopping or souring on him though sounds like the kind of incremental embellishment that seems to happen with sekeres. i'd want to hear it confirmed from other more careful sources.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Your information is incorrect. It's the hot dog vendor on Granville, not Main St.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->