Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Steve Pinizzotto from Chicago (Post #23)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Really hope he can stay healthy, as I liked what I saw when he played a few preseason games for us a year ago. Hoping he is a guy that can solidify our fourth line, or at least be a nice spare in case of injuries. Won't be holding my breath though, he just can't seem to stay healthy.

bottomlesspop

Nov 14, 2008
Vancouver
Lets hope he can live up to the legendary # on his back

#13s

Lars Lindgren (1979-1984)
Sergei Nemchinov (1997)
Artem Chubarov (2000-2004)
Mats Sundin (2009)
Matt Pettinger (2010)
Raffi Torres (2011)

Outside99*

Normally I'd call hyped up and career AHLer an oxymoron.

Seriously, good luck Pinner, we're rooting for you.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Lets hope he can live up to the legendary # on his back

#13s

Lars Lindgren (1979-1984)
Sergei Nemchinov (1997)
Artem Chubarov (2000-2004)
Mats Sundin (2009)
Matt Pettinger (2010)
Raffi Torres (2011)

Only one of those truly deserves to be called a legendary Canuck.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I expect a really big game from the guy who has spent 28 years trying to make the NHL

Too bad he is 28 years old, otherwise........Calder Trophy???????????????

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
in a couple weeks we could see

Sedin-Sedin-N.Jensen
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Higgins-Hansen
Sestito-Pinnizzotto-Kassian

Yep, only on HFboards does a guy go from 0 NHL games to top line.

Also only on HFboards, does a '2nd round pick' equal out every trade proposition

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What a great story of perseverance!
It's a good news story to see someone who has worked so hard for so long finally get to play an NHL game. He's realizing his dream and must be thrilled. How can you not pull for the Pinner given all of his hard luck.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013

Also only on HFboards, does a '2nd round pick' equal out every trade proposition
Jensen on that top line isn't really that ridiculous. If you've seen him play, you'll realize that he is probably the perfect fit to play with the Sedins. Amazing hands, drives the night hard, can pounce of rebounds and knock in garbage goals. Not to mention he has quite the shot too. It's about putting players into situations where they can succeed, and I think Jensen could very well succeed playing with the Sedins.

King of the ES*

On Canucks.com, those folks are already planning Jensen's Ring of Honour night.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I'm excited to see Pinner built up so that after a week he can be the whipping boy and scapegoat for all the Canucks problems.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Normally I'd call hyped up and career AHLer an oxymoron.

Seriously, good luck Pinner, we're rooting for you.

To be fair he was right on track for the type of player he is until he missed basically two full seasons. Hopefully he becomes a good player for us and stays away from his injury problems he has been having.

I am cautiously optimistic...

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
So the Canucks thought he'd get picked up on waivers after all, hence all the hoop-jumping:
The Canucks are anxious to finally get a look at Pinizzotto in their lineup.

“He was a very sought-after commodity when we signed him nearly two years ago,†Gilman said. “He had a very productive training camp and was well on his way to earning a spot on our roster when he got injured. Unfortunately, he has had injury issues this year. But that being said, there is clearly a premium on players like this in the marketplace.

“There’s a very high degree of probability that he would be picked up on waivers. There have been a lot of people around the league asking questions about him.â€

arsmaster*

If Pinner can stay healthy, he'll have people asking who Volpatti is and where is he now.

Volpatti played almost 13 minutes for Washington last night, and had an assist.

That just wasn't an opportunity he'd have gotten here. glad he's getting a chance to play, should help him carve out a decent career.

-----

On Pinizzotto, wow, great shift to start his NHL career. Impressive. Seemed to cope well with the speed of the game. Had a few bobbles and such, but I like that when he throws hits, he's throwing them hard...

Happy for him.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Loved seeing Pinizzotto out there. Put on a pretty solid debut last night. He's got that perfect mix of grit and skill.

Pinizzotto-Lapierre-Weise makes for one hell of a skilled 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad