Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Steve Pinizzotto from Chicago (Post #23)

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
So I have been looking around lately and I have heard that Steve Pinizotto might be activated tomorrow (Thursday). If he can't make it I guess he will play on Saturday with the millionaires jersey!

"@JamiesonCanucks: #Canucks to activate agitator Steve Pinnizzotto on Thursday. It's been a long time coming.

Possible lines?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Higgins-Kassian
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Sestito-Pinizotto-Weise

Hamhuis-Garrison
Tanev-Edler
Ballard-Barker

Luongo I hope.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Well Pinizotto is a Center so might as well get Pinizotto to replace him. Also Lapierre isn't that bad at faceoffs and is good on the PK. Just gives away the puck sometimes which I hope be can bounce back from. Here is a fight by Pinizotto. I have trouble linking videos I have to figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8mCcRpsoI (Minor league)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The guy really deserves the chance. I can't wait. He was like an AHL version of Burrows for the Wolves, and every time we saw him in training camp/preseason, he was one of the best players on the ice.

I'm expecting him to be an upgrade on Weise/Sestito moving forward. just hope he stays healthy.

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
in a couple weeks we could see

Sedin-Sedin-N.Jensen
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Higgins-Hansen
Sestito-Pinnizzotto-Kassian

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
You know what's really sad? The number of 4th line centers this team has had ... and yet there is almost no time that they were played for a decent amount of time for a decent stretch of games. I hope Pinnizotto does well out of general principle but I'm not holding my breath.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Shouldn't be hasty to judge Pinner in his first few games up. Longterm injury and all that. Would be prudent to give him a little while to hit his stride before providing any kind of evaluation.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Hopefully he doesn't hurt himself and plays a controlled game.

For a shift disturber, he seems awfully brittle.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Hopefully he plays RW on Lappys line. Sit Weise and keep Sestito in, chances are Pinni's actions cause some ruckus.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
He isn't a centre.

WOWWWWWWW. Ok, he's a winger? Man, who freaking cares then? We're going to get a huge lift out of someone who's probably slightly better than Weise?

Watch as AV grinds our whole team into the ground by playing three lines for the rest of the compressed schedule.

Steve Bennett*

Could someone explain why he is all of a sudden available on thursday march 14, half way through a broken season?

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Could someone explain why he is all of a sudden available on thursday march 14, half way through a broken season?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure he was injured, then they let him play in the AHL for a bit to get back up to speed.

Now he's good to go. Hopefully we see him Thursday.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
in a couple weeks we could see

Sedin-Sedin-N.Jensen
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Higgins-Hansen
Sestito-Pinnizzotto-Kassian
How about

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Jensen
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Pinizzotto
Sestito
Weise

:naughty:

Burrows and Jensen would be interchangeable, I suppose. I'm guessing Jensen will get a chance with the Sedins. I'd keep Booth/Kassian and Higgins/Hansen together as they seem to be developing chemistry.

Last edited:

TBIF

Jan 8, 2011
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure he was injured, then they let him play in the AHL for a bit to get back up to speed.

Now he's good to go. Hopefully we see him Thursday.

Quoting you :laugh:

Was injured, then reactivated and given a two week conditioning stint.

Stint is now over.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Pretty sure he can play both wings, but not C. Did look good in pre-season games. Perhaps a late-bloomer we can get some use out of. He plays with an edge and finishes every check. His energy level could be a real boost to this team. Here's hoping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->