Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Alex Friesen & D Yannick Weber

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Finally my boy Friesen makes it to the NHL

I thought he'd gotten a game in already... guess not. It's highly likely he just spends the time in the press box though as he's the #14 forward behind Craknall and McCann and Utica call ups are usually used for emergency replacements only.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Did Weber even end up reporting to Utica? I remember there being a tweet how both him and Prust have yet to report after the weekend. Well, for him, at least he got called back up. Now what's Prust's excuse?

Either way, enjoy the pressbox.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If tank then insert weber if not keep that guy away from hockey

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Friesen is an interesting call-up. Not Shinkaruk or Gaunce, but an underperforming center? Not even Zalewski either, who I thought did alright in his call-up.

Can they not just play McCann?

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
friesen is an interesting call-up. Not shinkaruk or gaunce, but an underperforming center? Not even zalewski either, who i thought did alright in his call-up.

can they not just play mccann?

stick to the plan!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Friesen and Weber?...wtf....no Shinkaruk, Gaunce or Pedan...all playing far better in Utica than those two guys....but since Willie parks Utica call-ups in the pressbox anyway, I guess it doesn't matter much.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Friesen and Weber?...wtf....no Shinkaruk, Gaunce or Pedan...all playing far better in Utica than those two guys....but since Willie parks Utica call-ups in the pressbox anyway, I guess it doesn't matter much.

Well.. yeah, you just answered your question right there. Not a case of wtf. Keep those three playing top line minutes in Utica. Give Friesen a cup of coffee of the big time (nice payroll bonus). Do whatever you like with Weber. It's better this way.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Friesen is more suitable for a bottom-six role than Shinkaruk. Regarding Gaunce - he had been invisible for a long stretch until very recently.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
GOD DAMNIT I WAS FINALLY RID OF THAT WASTE OF OXYGEN AND THEY CALL HIM BACK UP. Ughh.

The problem is that our recently waived stiffs are not good enough to be claimed on waivers and be outta here once and for all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->