Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Adam Gaudette

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Awesome. This alone will keep me interested enough to watch whatever games Pettersson is out, though obviously Gaudette won't have the same impact. He'll certainly bring the energy and hopefully pot his first shortly so we can see one of those infectious cellys he's become known for.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I would've liked to see him marinate longer, but at least he just had a really strong game with the Comets.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I dont really see why so many of us are putting limits like this on his ceiling

Kesler in his prime was Bergeron or Toews -like. An absolute 2-way beast that developed a wicked shot.

Unfortunately his prime was only 2-3 seasons due to injuries.

I would be ecstatic for Gaudette to even come close to that level Kesler was between 2009-2011.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think we see gaudette stick after this stint. Could see him pushing out Granlund
The guy he could, and maybe should push out of the lineup is Sutter. If it was later in the season and the Canucks were basically playing out a string, this might be a possibility. And still might be. Rumor was the Ducks were interested.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
The guy he could, and maybe should push out of the lineup is Sutter. If it was later in the season and the Canucks were basically playing out a string, this might be a possibility. And still might be. Rumor was the Ducks were interested.
Hehe. That would be another fun phone call for Benning "Hey Francesco, the young players are just too good man." "We are not paying an AHLer 4m" "But Gaud..." "..." "..."

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
possibly because people are trying to set reasonable expectations.
Was it a reasonable expectation for Jasper Bratt a 6th rounder in 2016 draft to rock a 0.5ppg as a rookie in the 2017-18 season for the Devils?

NEXT

:yo:

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
Was it a reasonable expectation for Jasper Bratt a 6th rounder in 2016 draft to rock a 0.5ppg as a rookie in the 2017-18 season for the Devils?

NEXT

:yo:

No probably not? not getting your point though. For every 1 example you give that illustrates your point I can probably find 10 that illustrate mine.
If you want to cheerlead that cool, but thats a pretty trivial thing todo.
Now that he's recalled do you think he'll play well enough to supplant someone and stick with the club or do you think he will eventually get sent down again?

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Trading Sutter is a possibility later in the year..If he could go to a contender,I'm sure he wouldn't mind...However,Gaudettes skating is a big question mark as far as I'm concerned...He has decent speed in a straight line,but his initial acceleration is slow (he will get beaten to the puck).

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
I don’t think either Beagle’s injury or Gaudette’s recall have been officially announced by the team.
I suppose it was only speculation by Iain MacIntyre on last night's 650 post-game show. I thought I had heard confirmation that it was a broken bone in his hand, but nothing online seems to support it.

Regardless, I still think Gaudette would only be a short-term replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad