Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall defenseman Taylor Fedun from the Utica Comets

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Seems like the extra body. Not sure where the injury speculation on Hutton is coming from, the talking heads on Twitter have him paired with Weber for tonight.

The Hutton references are from November when he was called up the first time. I was confused as well at first.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Fedun will occupy the ceremonial Comet seat in the pressbox....replaces Pedan, who likely would have regressed if they'd kept him out of the lineup any longer...call-up certainly not based on what Fedun was doing in Utica...he was hurt for a month and only got back in the last couple of games....I'm past lamenting the fate of Comet d-men who get called up.....been going on for two seasons now....not sure who to blame, whether it's Jimbo or Willie, or both.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Correct me if I'm wrong but...it looks like this guy wasn't able to make it into Oiler's D.

Have not watched him play but I'm honestly not sure how much better, if any, he will be than Weber or Bart...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, it must suck getting an exponential boost to your pay rate for a few days.

=)

I'm sure those Comet guys are thrilled with getting an NHL pay-cheque and a good seat to watch the game....but it must suck watching guys like Weber and Bartkowski crap the bed night after night, and know that no matter what you do in practice, you're not getting in.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
It's possible they're shuffling guys around to maximize the LTIR space they'll get when activating Sutter and putting Hamhuis on there, but looking at the numbers I'm not sure if that really makes sense. And the team hasn't really made an effort to maximize LTIR space so far this year so that's probably not it.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
It's possible they're shuffling guys around to maximize the LTIR space they'll get when activating Sutter and putting Hamhuis on there, but looking at the numbers I'm not sure if that really makes sense. And the team hasn't really made an effort to maximize LTIR space so far this year so that's probably not it.

They did at the beginning of the season by not putting Higgins on LTIR before the season started and are still getting roasted for it.

They mentioned in the broadcast last night about Fedun breaking an ankle and his career being in jeopardy. Anyone know the details?

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
They did at the beginning of the season by not putting Higgins on LTIR before the season started and are still getting roasted for it.

They mentioned in the broadcast last night about Fedun breaking an ankle and his career being in jeopardy. Anyone know the details?

http://youtu.be/HQnZe7IiQwo

It was a brutal injury and his career was in jeopardy. He was a promising young d man

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
How did Fedun look last night? I watch as many Canucks games as I can but the Comets were playing at the same time last night.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
We should definitely trade Weber/Bartkowski to Utica for Pedan/Fedun. May affect the tank though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad