Recalled/Assigned: Canucks reassigned Guillaume Brisebois

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I don’t think much of Bresbois but the bar is pretty low to be better than Gud/Pouliot. Worth giving him a shot imo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I thought Breeze might get the call this time; he has been arguably the Comets best defender lately. Shows great mobility and range breaking up plays in the defensive zone and rushes the puck up the ice when the chance presents itself now. Improving rapidly.
Pouliot is like a goalie who's been ventilated for three goals in the first three minutes. He needs the 'mercy hook' from Green. Just can't believe Brisebois could possibly be any worse.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Pouliot is like a goalie who's been ventilated for three goals in the first three minutes. He needs the 'mercy hook' from Green. Just can't believe Brisebois could possibly be any worse.
Just imagine, Benning and his team of crack talent evaluation experts (the top men) took a long, hard look at Del Zotto and Pouliot and came to the conclusion that....Del Zotto had to go ;)

I have zero doubt that Brisebois can defend better than Pouliot can right now. Unfortunately this doesn't mean that Brisebois is reay to play in the NHL full time; he's a year away imo. Just speaks to how bad Pouliot is, but then, we already know this about him...

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Can he play goal? Funny someone mentioned Eddie Lack, we could use him right about now.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Can he play goal? Funny someone mentioned Eddie Lack, we could use him right about now.

For the tank? Lack has been a mess since leaving the Canucks. Even his AHL stats are brutal. He could be in Europe soon.

As for the callup, meh. None of the young dmen in Utica right now seem promising, if any of them carve out a NHL career as a 6/7 dman, that's a win.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I was under the impression there were better defensemen available on the Comets, but I don't watch much AHL. This is the guy, however, the organization has been needlessly talking up for years ... so that makes sense.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Worth a shot. If he doesnt turn the puck over 12 times a game like Poo, it's a win

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Brisebois has developed a bit this year and it's a good idea to give him at least a game or two this season. Then next season, the hope is that he's close to knocking on the door in his last season of being waiver exempt.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I was under the impression there were better defensemen available on the Comets, but I don't watch much AHL. This is the guy, however, the organization has been needlessly talking up for years ... so that makes sense.

Probably only Sautner would challenge him for a call up... and after a decent season last year, he’s been injury plagued and inconsistant this year.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

Edler is coming back?
Unless they play Like Schenn on the left side.....

Thought Brise played decent consider who his partner was

It could be that they're calling someone else up, having decided it's more important for Brisebois to be getting minutes in Utica.

Sautner?

Belisarius

Mar 24, 2018
Ryan Spooner was formally recalled today so it could be to make room for him. Also Edler is skating so he may be close to returning.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
So I was chatting with Rick Dhaliwal through DM (he DM me to clearify his view on Manning for some reason)

I told him they just sent Brise down and that they are totally claiming Manning.

He said he would look into it and then he said that he doesn’t think Edler is close to returning

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
The only way I see Schenn coming in the lineup is if guddy sits.
They’re not going to play both of them are they???? Are they!?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad