Confirmed Signing with Link: Canucks Re-sign Granlund - 1x1.475

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If he plays like he did 2 yrs ago it’s fine. I wouldn’t have even qualified him..
I don’t understand this sentiment from Canuck fans. Granlund isn’t going to win a Hart trophy but he plays all forward positions, can move up and down the line up, kill penalties. He’s low maintenance doesn’t cost much and we definitely do not have 12 better forwards right now. As long as Chaput is getting ice time - we can use Granlund

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Nothing deal tbh. Maybe a tad overpaid by a few hundred thousand but on a one year contract I don't mind.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Good signing. Now it's up to him to prove he is worth more on a long term deal. He has the ability to be a 20 goal forward who can play all 3 spots, just needs to put it all together now.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think there's some late bloomer potential in Granlund, his IQ and skills are good enough for the NHL so if he can push himself after a disappointing year and gain some confidence he could still end up producing like he did last year in a consistent basis.

And if not, whatever, but might as well give him another year if you're the Canucks.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I don’t understand this sentiment from Canuck fans. Granlund isn’t going to win a Hart trophy but he plays all forward positions, can move up and down the line up, kill penalties. He’s low maintenance doesn’t cost much and we definitely do not have 12 better forwards right now. As long as Chaput is getting ice time - we can use Granlund
I hate the fact that Canucks fans seem to hate him so much. Shinkaruk is not looking good, they won the trade.

Reactions: WHISTLERNATE

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Did this guy just say Chaput?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Im certain this is to ensure he plays 3C and opens up trading Brandon Sutter either today or after free agency.

Its been reported that 4 teams called about Sutter at the deadline

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
To be honest, Canucks fans seem to hate a lot of Canucks players. It’s the main thing that bothers me about our fan base.
it' s really just here that this happens. Hard to find nearly as much hate when the haters can't hide from behind a computer.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
To be honest, Canucks fans seem to hate a lot of Canucks players. It’s the main thing that bothers me about our fan base.

Mostly because we have idiot management that do a lot of stupid things and bring in a lot of bad players.

Granlund, for example, shouldn't have been qualified. He's a sub replacement level player who did not deserve a 60% raise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad