Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign F Vasily Podkolzin to 2-Year, 1-Way Contract ($1M AAV)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
He has two years to find his scoring touch or I think we will be moving on from this player.

Like the effort from him but need more than a person who plays hard. He needs to start scoring, period.

Ehh. I'm not too fussed if he stays an effective depth piece. You need Motte style players in the bottom six. Hopefully, though he does find a scoring touch and can maybe carve out more of a Joshua niche.

Reactions: wetcoast

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Super happy with the contract, I think he has a Hoglander like season next year (a touch kess
Impressive numbers but also more physical)

Wait until next year and he will. I bet he gets 20 goals(ish)
He will get a 20 goal season eventually. I look at a toolsy guy like Sillinger in CBJ, if management has the patience, he will reward them for it. He can provide depth in the bottom 6 next year.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Most obvious signing ever. I think my hope now is that Podkolzin can round into a solid 3rd liner who can pot 10-15 regularly and just not get beat much.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think he is in his stamina and recovery prime. He can get stronger and faster still.

Quick google result shows for man, strength prime is between 26-35. Stamina declines around 35.

Oh he'll definitely get stronger and more powerful. But in terms of hitting everything that moves type of play that tends to decline.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh he'll definitely get stronger and more powerful. But in terms of hitting everything that moves type of play that tends to decline.
Totally, that’s not sustainable unless he becomes prime Lindros/ Bertuzzi strong. I am not sure he has the frame to be THAT strong.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not to diss PDG, but they real need to get Podkolzin back into the lineup. He's built for playoff hockey.

But unfortunately coaches are often reluctant to tamper with a winning lineup. But this is one lineup change they really need to pull the trigger on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad