Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign F Tyler Motte to 1-Year, $975K Deal (One-Way)

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I don’t mind the signing. His cap can be fully buried in Utica.

Can this cba still buried contacts?

I thought the nhl got rid of that because so many teams before when they have a bad contract. They just send the player down the ahl to get rid of that cap I thought the nhl didn't want so many Vets to be stuck in the ahl ( Wade Redden) and that's why they changed the rule.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Can this cba still buried contacts?

I thought the nhl got rid of that because so many teams before when they have a bad contract. They just send the player down the ahl to get rid of that cap I thought the nhl didn't want so many Vets to be stuck in the ahl ( Wade Redden) and that's why they changed the rule.

I’m pretty sure a team can send vets to the AHL, but the team can only dress something like 4. The key word is dress. So Motte (I doubt he would get sent down) Schaller and especially Errikson can be buried in the AHL.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I’m pretty sure a team can send vets to the AHL, but the team can only dress something like 4. The key word is dress. So Motte (I doubt he would get sent down) Schaller and especially Errikson can be buried in the AHL.

Yes team can send Vets to the ahl but I think the cap still counts.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
Yes team can send Vets to the ahl but I think the cap still counts.
Whenever a player is sent to the AHL, a certain portion of the cap hit is deducted depending on the actual salary cap ceiling.

So for this upcoming season, the portion deducted is just over $1 mil. In other words, any contract under the $1 mil deductible is not counted towards the cap if they get sent down.

Boesersflow123

Apr 28, 2018
Not bad I liked Motte, he brought energy and would pot a goal here and there. Probably just a depth signing between him and Roussel.

Reactions: mossey3535

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Good speed and good positional player. Green loves the players that get in on the forecheck and try to establish o-zone time. Lagged at times last year when overused but overall had good year. Work ethic can not be questioned.

However, unlikely he will ever improve much.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
An energy forward who brings it most nights, and earning under $1m a season. Hard to argue with that.

If you want to aim some brickbats at some of the Cancusks' bottom of the lineup forwards, Motte seems like a poor target. Now Beagle and Schaller, on the other hand, that's a totally different story.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I don't have an issue with signing Motte for this amount.

I only have an issue with the idea that Motte is a player we must bring back or must spend assets to acquire in the first place.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Motte and Beagle on the 4th line, that mean the puck won't be going anywhere close to the offensive zone. We know Beagle is not going anywhere. That means Motte needs to go.

Reactions: Josepho

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Always loved what Motte brings to the table night after night, but stapling him to the Beagle line seems like cruel and unusual punishment by the coach. I mean that line centered by Beagle is a 'black hole' in terms of zone possession time. And for three quarters of the season either Schaller or Eriksson were the other wingers.

For the analytics purists, that line has been the equivalent of the "Nightmare on Elm Street".'Free Motte' should be the rallying cry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad