Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign F Sven Baertschi to 3-year deal ($3.367m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
This is pretty much market value, but we really should have played hard ball with this kind of a deal. We were under no pressure whatsoever to pay him long term based on half a season's production.

Reactions: geebaan

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
So middle 6 wingers can't get 3 year contracts? Is that a new rule that I don't know about. It's 3 years, people make it sound like he just signed a 8 year contract.

If he did put up top 6 numbers. He will probably get more than 3yrs and 3.33 M a year.

So he got middle 6 numbers and he got a middle 6 production contract or maybe a little more. After all these posts, I still don't get what all the fuss is about.

When 4th liners get 4 year term, any hypothetical rule on contracts go out the window.

I'm fine with this contract, AAV is fine and term for a top6 player is fine. It gives 2 years of him trying to really establish himself as a top guy for a mediocre team. Worst case is he doesn't and it allows Dahlen to grow into his role as his replacement.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This is pretty much market value, but we really should have played hard ball with this kind of a deal. We were under no pressure whatsoever to pay him long term based on half a season's production.

Yeah Benning doesnt know when to play hard ball.

It's like when they traded for Sutter and extended him when he still had term, like he was under the gun.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
6 pages on Baer. Let's just summarize

Baer put up miiddle 6 numbers with middle 6 ice time and gets a middle 6 contract ( give or take a few hundred thousand overpaid but don't forget one of those years is an ufa year. I don't see any problems at all. You can't offer 4th line money to a player that is not a 4th liner.

Even though he did play a lot of stretches with Bo and Brock. He only average about 15 minutes of ice time.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Sven is the epitome of "just fine." No real reason to ditch him at this point, with no better goal scoring options on the table.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Like him alot and find him criminally underappreciated around here, so I'm happy with the signing, although the bar for a good deal has been stupidly lowered by the other signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad