Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign F Sven Baertschi to 3-year deal ($3.367m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
$3.67M cap hit. Not the worst deal in the world but maybe I just have been numbed by that Beagle contract.

It's a good deal. Buys enough time to see if he is or isn't part of the future. Buys 1 year of UFA. Figured he'd get $4 million to bridge to UFA.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
what the actual f*** are the Canucks doing? How many big contracts are we gonna sign in a day? Is anyone gonna get traded? What rebuild is this? We gonna ice 20 forwards a night and no defenceman? Fml

Reactions: lindgren

member 290103

I am not a huge Baertschi fan, he's ok, but I'd rather see them give time to another player with a higher ceiling.

member 290103

LOL another bad contract. At least Baertschi isn't a 4th liner. But not a great contract here.

But his acquisition was "somewhat" reasonable!? That's a home run when it comes to a Benning trade. Anything that is not a complete absolute f*** up needs to be celebrated.

f***ing Benning.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Considering he's our 1LW I'm happy with deal never know with Bennig it could have been worse. With where contracts are going it's respectable deal especially if he takes another step forward.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Meh........

was hoping he would be shipped out
somewhat injury prone, and he was a top 6 forward during 3 30 win seasons in a row.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Seems like a lot for a guy who misses 20 games/year, and can barely crack 30 points with half his production coming on the powerplay.

But whatever. At this point, whatever.

Its a fine contract. Past two seasons hes produced at a 42 point clip. Hes missed games and such but obviously they are hoping he continues his production and possibly improve. Plus hes good friends with Bo lol.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not a bad deal but bye bye Goldy.
Not a 100 percent certainty....contract for Baertschi is reasonable and he has no trade protection. With the glut of forwards basically capable of scoring between 10-20 goals a season, something has to be in the works. But makes the Gagner signing last year even more of a head-scratcher.

Reactions: lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->