Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign F Reid Boucher to 1-Year, 2-Way Deal

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Let's see what kind of summer he has... maybe he's gained a step.

Seems like a good guy.. don't think he's ever been negative about going up and down.
Good for Utica for sure.

Reactions: lindgren

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Good player to bring back.Top line forward for the Comets who’ doesn’t count as a veteran and a good call up option to let the kids stay down and develop in the AHL.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Surprised it's a two way deal honestly. Guess he doesn't have a ton of leverage, despite being decent depth.

Good guy to have around as depth for the main roster, or a really nice skilled guy to have in Utica. Happy about this signing.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i am surprised he didn't shop around or go overseas.

a 2 way deal is great for us. i hope he can turn the corner this year, but if not he gives solid scoring depth in utica.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I see him as an Andrew-Ebbett level piece. Don't want to see him in the lineup for extended periods of time, but serviceable in a pinch. Glad it's two-way. Good depth for Utica.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Good move, can't complain. I hope Archibald gets a contract too, but he's gonna be looking for 1-way

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Good move, can't complain. I hope Archibald gets a contract too, but he's gonna be looking for 1-way

You could be right, but Archibald didn't even have an NHL deal at the start of last season, so he might be happy to get a 2-way, making him a more straightforward call-up option than he was last season.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Good player to bring back.Top line forward for the Comets who’ doesn’t count as a veteran and a good call up option to let the kids stay down and develop in the AHL.

"Top line forward for the Comets who’ doesn’t count as a veteran..."

You would be wrong about this aspect.
Last season Reid was a Veteran Elite allowing him to play along with 5 other AHL Veterans putting 6 Vets on the ice at one time. Not so this year. His AHL and NHL games played now total 346 which makes him a Veteran by AHL rules, (321+ games played). Thus, he now becomes one of the 5 vets. An AHL VE would be a big acquisition as Reid was last season.

Right now the Comets would already have 3 vets if Reid cleared waivers and was added to the Comets roster. The other 2 are team captain Carter Bancks and D-man Jaime Sifers. Both of these guys are on AHL contracts and more talented vets would be welcomed. Sitting these 2 wouldn't be unthinkable, especially Sifers, if better vets were acquired to play with the kids.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
i am surprised he didn't shop around or go overseas.

a 2 way deal is great for us. i hope he can turn the corner this year, but if not he gives solid scoring depth in utica.

He’s too young to give up on the NHL dream, especially since he did play games in the NHL. And isnt he a RFA? He doesn’t have much rights so...

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015

Boucher's a serviceable NHL depth player and a legitimate AHL All-Star. Happy with this signing for the depth he brings, although of course I hope he's able to do his thing in Utica and help shepherd along some of our prospects who will be starting there this fall.

2 way deal? this is very good news!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->