Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign D Alex Edler to 2-Year, $6M AAV Deal

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
WTF lol. Bump this thread when we take certain unsubstantiated trade rumors to the bank. No one knows what they are talking about it seems.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
If the term, AAV, and details are all good or great, I think that'd be the closest to false execution I've been exposed to. I am preparing for a lot of bad and "gud", you see.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
2 years would make sense. Gives Seattle even less reason to take Edler and we can resign him if there is mutual interest. However, a 2 year deal to stay with the Canucks potentially longer and escape the possibility of going to Seattle requires alot of trust on Edler's part.

2 years at 5 to 5.5 mill per is a fantastic deal and people will need to give props if true.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
How many different lengths of term can we fit into one rumour cycle?

Sources are telling me Canucks and Edler are closing in on an 8 year contract, with no expansion draft protection, modified NMC, and expansion draft protection

More to come

Kind of reads like a Jim Benning press conference, doesn’t it?

“We are pleased to announce that we have re-signed Alexander Edler to a 3 year deal. Wait, 4...2!!!!”

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Isn’t the expansion draft after 2 seasons? Why would they need an expansion protection

The Vegas expansion draft happened after the entry draft and before July 1. I don't expect that to change for Seattle. Technically the draft happens in the 2020-21 season, so the protection may need to he part of that season. I've been wondering about this for a while and haven't been able to get a clear answer.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
The Vegas expansion draft happened after the entry draft and before July 1. I don't expect that to change for Seattle. Technically the draft happens in the 2020-21 season, so the protection may need to he part of that season. I've been wondering about this for a while and haven't been able to get a clear answer.

He will be a pending UFA who can be claimed like anyone else. See Chris Thorburn who was claimed by Vegas and never signed.

Even if he has a full NMC he still does not need to be protected. See Joe Thornton who was a pending UFA with an NMC who was exposed to Vegas, not claimed, and then re signed with San Jose a week later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->