Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign D Alex Biega to a 1-Year, $600k Deal (two-way)

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Good move. Should make the club long before Clendening does. One of the very best AHL d-men last year.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
In this case the AHL money is because they want him around. In particular Utica want him around. Nothing wrong with giving a guy you feel is a heart and soul leader in the AHL some good AHL money.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I liked his play when he was with the Canucks. I'd take him over Sbisa.

No way man, Sbisa is in his own tier of very best D NHL has to offer.

I mean he's getting paid more than 4mil a year that's gotta be something right?

Right?
:(

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Great move, i hope we hide him during training camp so no one claims him off waivers.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Not for a veteran who is expected to be a team leader and mentor young prospects. He will never be an NHL regular, but he could make more playing in Europe.

He's worth every penny of that contract for what he brings to the organization as a whole and really glad he's found a good fit and he's re-signed for another season.

I thought he was fine as a call-up last year so he also brings quality depth to our D corps.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Welp... bulldog finally getting his due. I've been a bulldog fan ever since I first saw him play.

A diminutive power house that does an amazing job walking the fine line between taking a penalty and separating the forward from the puck via crosscheck in the small of the back.

I find it sad how there's a contingent on this board that seemed to crapped on him every chance they could with seemingly no reason other than to be contrary.

Haven't watched any preseason but from the detailed reports, he sounds like he's solidified for himself a 3rd pairing spot.

Good work bulldog!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad