Canucks Preview

John Bender*

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Lots of negativity about Vancouver this year. Everyone saying that since they don't have Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado and Minny to beat up on, they have no chance.

Time will tell.

Well that and people have finally realized just how bad they were last year.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I seen this earlier, doug maclean was actually the voice of reason in the war room I thought, kypreos absolutely hates lou and our team.

I love when kypreos said why didnt they fix it, its called a buyout, well nick the owner is not going to cut a check for that much money.

Then mcsorely claimed we should have kept salary.

I am one of schneiders biggest fans and I dont like the trade, but I realized by this point gillis had no choice, and if you ask me would i rather have schneider and us keeping half robertos contract with the cap going down? I think most of us would agree we do not. Its cap crunch year we cant have millions of dollars counting against the cap and put it toward a guy who would be playing for the leafs. But putting my toronto media glasses on, nonis was the one great guy willing to come to our rescue.

I also see john shannon still trying to squeak in and wanting to mention garrison as a bust who under performed..... like he did all last year. Almost anytime shannon spoke about the canucks last season he mentioned how garrison was not playing up to expectations. At the begining of the season I can see where he was coming from but it continued right up until the end of the season.

Last edited:

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Much better catch phrase. Although Oilers fans can probably make a better one. That's kind of their bread and butter

I'm just going with Suck for Sam for now. No need to be creative. As you said, the Oilers and Flames will take care of that. ;)

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Oh wow that panel...

They should get Dreger, Steve Moore and Kelly Hrudey in there to cap off the group as "people in the media that hate the Canucks the most..."

Kypreos, McSorely, Turco and MacLean...? Yikes.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Anywhere from 1st to 3rd seems about right. As someone else mentioned, I think it will be very close between us, SJ, and LA.

Wetcoaster

Anywhere from 1st to 3rd seems about right. As someone else mentioned, I think it will be very close between us, SJ, and LA.
And injuries could play a big part.

SJ is starting with Torres and Havlat on the shelf and Brad Stuart was questionable last I heard.

Nov 1, 2011
Oh wow that panel...

They should get Dreger, Steve Moore and Kelly Hrudey in there to cap off the group as "people in the media that hate the Canucks the most..."

Kypreos, McSorely, Turco and MacLean...? Yikes.

Really they could have anyone except for John Shorthouse and John Garrett and it would be the same thing. We all like to joke about it, but I think our perception around the league and with media actually affects us on the ice.

We need to do some serious to improve the way we are viewed by the media (i.e. hire someone who is loved in Eastern Canada to be our President).

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If there was ever a season I'd love to win the division. This one is it. Watching the media try to worm their way out of eating massive crow would be quite amusing.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
TSN had us at 4th.

I think that these pundits are still overestimating LA from their run 2 years ago, and the Ducks because of their hot start. LA has a decent build for playoff competition, but they haven't been a regular season performer yet. Quick had a horrid season last year, and Bernier bailed out a playoff spot for them.

Fasth propelled the Ducks to a hot start, but I think if that season had 82 games, they would have been fighting for one of the last few playoff spots. They are down Bobby Ryan now too, and Teemu has started to show his age.

I'd say the Canucks finish either 1st or 2nd in the division and will have a home playoff date in the first round.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Lots of negativity about Vancouver this year. Everyone saying that since they don't have Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado and Minny to beat up on, they have no chance.

Time will tell.

We still have Calgary and Edmonton, and Phoenix is Minny-lite as far as I'm concerned. I think it's easy to argue that the Wild have passed the budget-conscious Coyotes in competitiveness when they picked up Suter and Parise. Losing sad-sack Colorado sucks, but we lose a couple games so 4 points tops. So what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad