Rumor: Canucks offered 1st, 2nd, Sutter, Virtanen for OEL

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by Mosby, Oct 16, 2020.

1. hesh Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I hope you have a source for Schmidt having taken steroids. If not that’s a pretty libellous statement. Last I heard he was found with a PED, which could be a host of different things, which he and his team are adamant was completely unintentional.

Can you supply a source that he was caught with Steroids?

2. bandwagonesque and if you tell my **** my achy, breaky ****

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I’m pretty sure the majority of PED suspensions in hockey, disputed or otherwise, have been from stimulants. There’s no evidence or reason to assume that Schmidt took steroids.

Mick Jagr and Canadian Canuck like this.
  3. Leafs87 Mr. Steal Your Job

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Benning needs to go tbh. He’s done enough damage. Lost Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli, stetcher thsi free agency all to deals which Vancouver should of matched and destroyer the cap over the years. This trade would of been awful too

travis scott, lawrence and hesh like this.
  4. Bankerguy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    beagle, ferland, baertschi, eriksson all have negative value.
    Sutter is still somewhat useful and only one year left.
    Right now, he could be moved at 50% retained no problem... Benning is keeping him for now.. moving Sutter will be the last resort... which may need to happen... lets be honest.. no one is taking eriksson lol

Bitz and Bites likes this.
  5. kingpest19 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If the amount he gave was the truth, it would appear to be unintentional. But since the CBA doesn't allow anyone involved to say anything, it leaves it open for speculation sadly

6. Nosskire ot Elgaeb M2Bizzle

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I really doubt we would have offered up a 1st and a 2nd in this deal. Take out the 1st and I still wouldnt do this deal

7. Lolonegoal Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Canucks trade Demko for OEL and its Luongo/Schneider scenario all over again.

8. hesh Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I hope not...but it's Benning. He has no concept of the fact that players can get worse - that just because they were good at one point in their career it does not mean that level of play will continue.

lawrence likes this.
  9. Rowlet Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Not all PED's are steroids, Backstrom was banned from the Olympics for taking Zyrtec D.

10. lawrence Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    to be fair Canuck armchairs on reddit and canucks.com was thinking somewhere between a 1st round puck, Sutter, Juolevi OR Rathbone, and a Kole Lind. Which is literally picks and prospects, in this case pick and prospects, which was what Arizona was looking for.

Jim Benning offered even less then what Canuck fans would have, since the difference was a Virtanen and a 2nd, Canuck fans ready to give up, Juolevi or Rathbone and a Kole Lind.

People in this thread also trying to ignore the fact this was probably a better off then Boston's. Totally forgotten about it.

11. lawrence Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think Jim is "banking" on a contract year Baertschi to step up his game as a legit top 6 player.

We'll see what kind of Sven we see. He will report to camp, and we will go from there. I imagine he will try harder since he's a ufa next year.

12. VancouverJagger Not trying to fit in

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Business Owner
    You really think Sven has a chance with the big club? I think he's pretty close to being done with this organization. The only reason he's still here is because they haven't been able to move him. I doubt he did himself any favors by opting out as well.

Mayyybe he's a candidate for the second line due to our lack of other options but I'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

THE Green Man likes this.
  13. kcunac Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This is pretty consistent with what I was thinking (Hogs, Sutter, Virtanen, and maybe Juolevi). The fact that both fanbases are balking at the rumoured offer in this thread probably shows that the value is about right.

Of course when we can turn around and get a comparable in terms of quality defender who isn't already on the decline for a shorter and cheaper term for only a third, then I think we can see why Van fans are super happy the trade didn't happen.

nucks88 likes this.
  14. Dala Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    On top of that he was banned only due to the team doctor failed to file the paper work (as they normally always do for asthma etc). Which was known before the tournament by the ones that conveniently brought it up a as a huge scandal couple of hours before the finals to maximize publicity.

Had they informed the doctor/team/player when it was discovered, the team doctor would have had ample time to file the paperwork without Bäckström missing a single game in the tournament. Total shit show.

15. Cancuks Exalted Ruler

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    General Manager, El Presidente, Lord & Savior
    You can test positive for steroids because of eating a tainted steak. There are many factors at play.

16. Nosskire ot Elgaeb M2Bizzle

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Never liked steak. Most overrated meat/meal

17. Hookslide Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Canucks would be stupid to make that trade, and season ticket holders should rethink their purchase after a couple of years ..................The positive to that deal it would take any chance of the Bruins getting OEL.

18. Canuck86 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    So glad Arizona declined and we got Schmidt for just a 3rd and he will provide 90% of OEL for a fraction of the cost.

It was a long shot regardless imo, Canucks should have focused on other things for the week plus leading up to FA