Canucks Off-season Thread - Canucks re-sign Teves, Rafferty, Boucher

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
I guess we are gonna have a boring offseasons next year Haha

We have pretty much the entire team locked in for the next two years.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The funny thing about this is that the Canucks don't even have anything to offer. They traded one of their next two firsts and they aren't moving the other one, and have basically no prospects that are worthwhile. I doubt Olli Juolevi or Jett Woo gets it done. Could maybe give you Podz.

you have a weird sense of humor

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Show your work for how we could sign Barrie at $7-8 million next year and also cover the performance bonuses for Pettersson and Hughes which we probably won't be able to fit under the cap this year.
It's going to be funny when the shown work is the plan would be to let Markstrom walk and go cheap in the net, like most of us wanted to do in 2014.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Surprise surprise

It’s actually not that hard to sign Boeser

Schaller, Eriksson and Motte in the minors to save 3m, gives you 8m to resign Boeser.

Tell Goldobin to accept a sub 1m deal or trade him for whatever you can get because you have too many forwards under contract. His relation with Green pretty much guarantee that he isn’t getting a raise.

I swear if JB can’t beat a plan that I spent 3 minutes to create

Reactions: lindgren

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Random question (wasn’t even sure where to ask this either)... is there any reason why no Canuck players ever have jersey #11? Let’s be serious messier should be a non-factor. Made no impact on our team whatsoever. Still despise!!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It’s actually not that hard to sign Boeser

Schaller, Eriksson and Motte in the minors to save 3m, gives you 8m to resign Boeser.

Tell Goldobin to accept a sub 1m deal or trade him for whatever you can get because you have too many forwards under contract. His relation with Green pretty much guarantee that he isn’t getting a raise.

I swear if JB can’t beat a plan that I spent 3 minutes to create

You'd be pretty much screwed under that scenario with any short terms injuries.

I wouldn't put it past management to go into the season with absolutely zero cap room and 13F/7D, though. Might lead to playing a couple games shorthanded. Or force guys to play through injury.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

You have to replace those players on the roster with someone (assuming they are on the 23-man roster of course). League minimum is now $725,000, so at best you can save $275k per player. In any case might not be as simple as waiving 3 guys to save 3MM.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I guess we are gonna have a boring offseasons next year Haha

We have pretty much the entire team locked in for the next two years.

it seems like it, but next year tanev and biega are ufas, stecher is an rfa and barrie is a ufa. not to mention marky is a ufa.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
You have to replace those players on the roster with someone (assuming they are on the 23-man roster of course). League minimum is now $725,000, so at best you can save $275k per player. In any case might not be as simple as waiving 3 guys to save 3MM.

The Canucks are over 23 man roster right how as it is without Goldobin and Boeser signed.

14 Forwards
Eriksson
Horvat
Miller
Sutter
Pearson
Ferland
Baertschi
Roussel
Beagle
Leivo
Schaller
Virtanen
Motte
Pettersson

8 d-men
Edler
Myers
Tanev
Stetcher
Benn
Hughes
Fantenberg
Biega

2 goalies
Markstrom
Demko

+ Boeser + Goldobin

= 26 players.

As it is the Canucks need to shed 3 players.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
The Canucks are over 23 man roster right how as it is without Goldobin and Boeser signed.

14 Forwards
Eriksson
Horvat
Miller
Sutter
Pearson
Ferland
Baertschi
Roussel
Beagle
Leivo
Schaller
Virtanen
Motte
Pettersson

8 d-men
Edler
Myers
Tanev
Stetcher
Benn
Hughes
Fantenberg
Biega

2 goalies
Markstrom
Demko

+ Boeser + Goldobin

= 26 players.

Alright, so it's going to be incredibly tight until Roussel can go on LTIR. And we'll likely go $3.5MM over the cap with EP/Hughes bonuses. We could be walking into 20-21 with $7.5MM of dead cap space (bonus overage + luongo recap + spooner buyout)

Reactions: xtra

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

14 Forwards
Eriksson
Horvat
Miller
Sutter
Pearson
Ferland
Baertschi
Roussel
Beagle
Leivo
Schaller

Virtanen
Motte
Pettersson

8 d-men
Edler
Myers
Tanev
Stetcher
Benn
Hughes
Fantenberg
Biega

2 goalies
Markstrom
Demko

+ Boeser + Goldobin

= 26 players.

Bolded are players we could lose for free on waivers and I wouldn't lose any sleep whatsoever over. In fact, if we could lose all of them to waivers I would be quite pleased. That's how bad this roster composition is.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Random question (wasn’t even sure where to ask this either)... is there any reason why no Canuck players ever have jersey #11? Let’s be serious messier should be a non-factor. Made no impact on our team whatsoever. Still despise!!

The Canucks unofficially retired the number 11 after Wayne Maki died of brain cancer in the 70s (he was an active player at the time of his diagnosis and passed away at the age of only 29). Number 11 went un-used until Mark Messier arrived and donned it, sparking a controversy as Maki's family was not consulted nor were they pleased that another player was wearing the number. There's been debate around whether Messier insisted on the number or whether the Canucks just gave it willingly the Maki family be damned, but since Messier left, it has been retired once more.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Bolded are players we could lose for free on waivers and I wouldn't lose any sleep whatsoever over. In fact, if we could lose all of them to waivers I would be quite pleased. That's how bad this roster composition is.

it would be great if you could give us examples of rosters that don't have just as many guys you'd be happy to waive if they were canucks, but that would require you to post objectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->