Canucks MVP to this point?

Canucks MVP

• Total voters

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
I mean, there was the Ottawa game. And Petey had a couple of 5 point games, including one where we let in 6 goals. Marky's not the only one who has won a few games more or less by himself.
I didn't say we won them all by himself, I did say "some". He also win without Pettersson in the lineup.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Markstrom for me. It always starts and ends in the net. Doesn't matter how good the team up front is if the net is empty. Without Markstrom this team is a bottom 5 team easily.

The Canucks really should be a bottom 5 team. The only reason they are not is just how awful other teams have played this season. Even with Markstrom and Pettersson; if all the teams in the West actually played to their abilities / rosters /etc the Canucks should be well out of any race.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
C'mon... Edler has been the best since he took out McKinnon. You can go on trying to define "rock" all you want...

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I clicked on this topic "Pettersson, no question" but Markstrom is a really good choice. Too bad his first-half was so bad. If he had been playing this well all season I think I'd have gone goalie.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I think the thing about Markstrom is that he's split the season between being pretty good but underrated and actually elite. Pettersson has been elite all year.

It's real tight though, really Pettersson/Markstrom/Horvat/Edler have been carrying the team this year. Pettersson for our offense, Horvat for eating up tough minutes while putting up points/solid defensive play while playing with bottom 6/AHL players, Markstrom for being a wall and Edler for quite clearly being our #1D. And this team is still bad.

Lose Markstrom and we're in bad shape. Lose Pettersson and our offensive becomes Horvat/Boeser, lose Horvat and we'll have some real bad players getting real tough minutes, lose Edler and we've seen what happens.

I think if Markstrom played this way for the whole year he would be #1, but with Pettersson playing like an elite player since game 1 I think you have to give him the edge.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Pettersson is the most valuable player on the team...but has he been the most valuable to the team as far as impacting outcomes of games this season?..I'd give it to Markstrom

Pretty awesome though..a legit 1C, and a #1 goalie..

Reactions: geebaan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->