Canucks MVP to this point?

Canucks MVP

• Total voters

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well, who is it? Who is the backbone of this team? If we take one player out of the lineup, do we hurt because of their absence? Who is your Cyclone Taylor Award winner?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
First off, Pettersson is going to (should) walk away with the Lions share of the other awards. That in itself might tip the scales a bit in Markstrom's favour for the MVP. Also strategically speaking it can't hurt Markstrom's confidence going into next season with that acknowledgement from his peers and bosses (who votes on this anyways....? please don't say solely the media)

As far as creating a new vibe in this city, putting bums back in seats and TV viewers back viewing, Petter$$on is clearly Aquilini's MVP. There's a new optimism surrounding the Canucks and it's got a lot less to do with Marky that Petey...fair or not.

Maybe they can just share the award like Bob Sauve and........that other guy. Have the Canucks ever shared a team award?

Could be a good move.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I really wanted to vote for Pettersson, but Markstrom is having an amazing almost unsung season this year.

It's close but I think losing Markstrom would completely sink this team.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I really wanted to vote for Pettersson, but Markstrom is having an amazing almost unsung season this year.

It's close but I think losing Markstrom would completely sink this team.

Good point. Pettersson probably takes the MVP award while Markstrom takes the unsung hero award. Both guys walk away with acknowledgement.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
I actually think if you take any one out of Petey, Marky or Horvat away for the season, we would be dead last in the conference, maybe the league. And take any of the other three out, we'd be pretty crippled. Basically the team needs them all desperately. I guess I'll give the edge to EP40.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It's a toss up between Marky and Petey.

Marky has had minus support with how terrible our defense is while Petey has had positive support with Boeser and Horvat so.... it has to be Marky because more often than not, he's a lone man back there.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
It's really as much Markstrom as it is Pettersson, and the 'rookie wow' factor will sway that in Petey's favor every time.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I could be wrong, but I think we’ve done better without Pettersson than without Markstrom. Both are head and shoulders the best Canucks this year... probably the best Canucks since 2011.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
October and November happened. For that Petterson is MVP. Markstrom was average for first two months while Petterson started with 10 goals in 10 games.

You're on to something here. Had Markstrom been playing like he has from December on, he'd be in the vezina consideration. However, its a full season and its hard to argue with Pettersson's consistency, who's yet to have much of a slump at any point.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Went with Petterson, though I think it's closer than the current poll results. Markstrom has stolen some games for us and masked a lot of our defensive deficiencies but Petterson imo has singlehandedly kept us in games as well. There's been a few games recently where he either set up or popped in clutch goals. And I think the fact he's so freaking good already probably frees up other guys from checking attention they'd get otherwise

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Jay Beagle.
Almost typed that with a straight face, lol.

But yeah, it’s Pettersson with Markstrom as a close 2nd. If the Canucks qualify for the playoffs, Pettersson should win the Hart hands down.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Markstrom for me. It always starts and ends in the net. Doesn't matter how good the team up front is if the net is empty. Without Markstrom this team is a bottom 5 team easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad