Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Maple Leafs, Saturday night | In which we wait for the MRI result...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That’s not even close to medical evidence. The medical profession is now finding that arthroscopy for osteoarthritis is not very helpful-sham arthroscopy has similar “benefits”. Similarily, stents are proving to be far less helpful than originally thought.
ok.
But doesn't take away from the fact that you often hear initial scans need to be redone in athletes due to inconclusive finding attributed to acute swelling.
Whether or not its medically supported in a journal, the practice with MRI's is they often wait a day or 2.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Pettersson visiting the @Sportsnet studio in Toronto, says he suffered knee injury last night.
“I’m walking fine. I feel better today than yesterday, so that’s good.”
Still waiting on MRI and no timetable yet. #Canucks⁠ ⁠

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Yea at this point they would most likely know if he has a fully torn ACL and probably MCL so that is good news. Might have g1/gr 2 injuries for those or meniscus or maybe even a quad/patella tendon.

At least doesn't look like a long term injury ( I hope).

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Yea at this point they would most likely know if he has a fully torn ACL and probably MCL so that is good news. Might have g1/gr 2 injuries for those or meniscus or maybe even a quad/patella tendon.

At least doesn't look like a long term injury ( I hope).

Not really no. Not until a scan.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'd like to see them recall Brendan "point-per-game" Gaunce. I realize with Sutter back, that they are good on forward, but just waive Schaller at this point.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pettersson's injury gives time for Benning and Green to go back to the drawing board. If they don't find some way to protect this kid on the ice somebody will take out his knee or a shoulder, and he'll be done for a long time.

He's already suffered his first concussion on a play that resulted in a suspension but wasn't even called a penalty on the ice. Refs aren't going to do anything to protect him. It's up to the Canucks.

Reactions: pgj98m3

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Doubt we stand a chance in this one, esp without Pettersson. 5-2 Leafs goals by Stecher and Virtanen

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
People devalue the fear a tough player can put in to an opponent. I remember retired players saying in podcasts they would constantly talk to other teams on the ice and on the bench of what would happen to their stars if one of ours got touched etc.

We don’t have that now.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Tkachuk is no deterrent. He’s effective and a great player, but he’s just a rat, he’s not protecting anyone.
I’ve seen him stand up and fight players more than anyone on this current roster and he’s also shown more pushback than anyone on this roster so my point stands

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
He fought Dumba a few weeks ago. Said it was for Dumbas hit on Backlund and he's gotta stand up for his center.

if I remember correctly, Tkachuk didn't think it was a dirty hit, but fought Dumba just to stand up for Backlund.

member 290103

I’ve seen him stand up and fight players more than anyone on this current roster and he’s also shown more pushback than anyone on this roster so my point stands

He’s like an Antoine Rousell or a Burrows. No one would be worried about consequences, in my opinion, if he was the person charged with defending EP.

It’s a low bar in terms of push back on this roster.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
But then EP wouldn't have a buddy like juolevi to play fornite with on the couch since they are both injured.
But we dont even know Petterssons injury status yet for all we know he could play tomorrow (but unlikely)

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
He’s like an Antoine Rousell or a Burrows. No one would be worried about consequences, in my opinion, if he was the person charged with defending EP.

It’s a low bar in terms of push back on this roster.

He's only 21. How many players that age are going to intimidate grown men? He will be doing so after one or two more summers. Not to mention he is already tougher at his age than any forward currently on our roster.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How can you have a debate with no counter argument? Nobody will say the Canucks are a tough team, a hard team to play against etc. Nobody is worried to play us.

Who’s arguing otherwise?

Reactions: pgj98m3

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
These 2 injuries to Pettersson this year and Brock last year has me realizing what warriors the twins were. One thing to have stars. Other thing to have stars that play 99% of the time.

Reactions: Literally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad