Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Maple Leafs, Saturday night | In which we wait for the MRI result...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hope Pettersson is back and shows Tavares and Matthews who is daddy.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Is Pettersson actually getting an MRI done? .
Where? Wouldn't they send him back?

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Is Pettersson actually getting an MRI done? .
Where? Wouldn't they send him back?

Like Mr. Canucklehead was saying in the last PGT, if they believed it was season ending/extremely serious they likely would have just flown him back to Vancouver.

Getting it done in Toronto is both convenient, and hopeful that it may not be as bad.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Without Pettersson, might as well forfeit the game already.

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
It was while watching the Ottawa game that I spent a small fortune on tickets to this game. That’s my sad little story.

Reactions: travis scott

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Well... we should have a goaltending advantage... so that’s something.
Actually whenever you see a team’s best player go down , it’s not unheard of the rest of the team elevating their play to compensate. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Canucks win THIS game fairly easy. Plus it’s hardly like the Leafs are setting the world on fire themselves.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Depends on how much swelling he has. Teams generally have to wait until swelling goes down before they get an mri done.
Kindly provide us with some medical evidence that waiting for the swelling to go down before doing an MRI is a thing.

member 290103

Lots of medical experts on the boards and posters with an innate ability to specifically diagnose an injury by way of game tape and travel patterns.

Hilarious.

Reactions: Zippgunn

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Kindly provide us with some medical evidence that waiting for the swelling to go down before doing an MRI is a thing.

One of those things that you commonly hear repeated...
Initial scans were inconclusive due to swelling... wait for the acute swelling to subside..
Makes logical sense, but I wonder if its actually supported.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
One of those things that you commonly hear repeated...
Initial scans were inconclusive due to swelling... wait for the acute swelling to subside..
That’s not even close to medical evidence. The medical profession is now finding that arthroscopy for osteoarthritis is not very helpful-sham arthroscopy has similar “benefits”. Similarily, stents are proving to be far less helpful than originally thought.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I was just posting yesterday in the Montreal GDT how odd it was for the Canucks to be playing in Montreal and Toronto without a slew of injuries..?.

Its definitely depressing as a Canucks fan that we cannot have our star player play on the biggest stage (In TO on HNIC coast to coast)...

Leafs lost again last night,I don't think that they are playing particularly well....Canucks are 3-2 on this road trip..They didnt play well in NJ,or in Montreal last night...They usually respond with a good effort after a poor one...So we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad