Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 5-3 (Pearson PBP Roussell) (Hughes THREE Appies

Fire who?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Wow Miller is a giant baby. I've never seen an NHL player act like that. Completely quitting on plays, sulking, bad body language. Hopefully someone can get through to him.

I mean, Jimbo put's an emphasis on character so we bring in a whiner, resign JV18 and let Marky and Tanev walk.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Wow Miller is a giant baby. I've never seen an NHL player act like that. Completely quitting on plays, sulking, bad body language. Hopefully someone can get through to him.

I mean, Jimbo put's an emphasis on character so we bring in a whiner, resign JV18 and let Marky and Tanev walk.

Miller don’t give a rats ass, he wants to win.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
This is the underlying issue of existing in a toxic environment.

In a toxic culture, nobody takes accountability.

It's a blame shifting game facilitated by illogical top down strategic decision making.

Not resigning Tanev has f***ed things up royally.

This team doesn't have a chance in hell with this coach and d-core.

This is the god damned reality staring JT, BH53, QH43 and EP40 in their faces every time Myers f***s up.

I empathize with the player by asking myself how I would feel if I didn't have Tanev sending sweet tape-2-tape passes to me anymore because of "reasons" and I get irrationally angry.

Sigh.

This is a really f***ing raw deal for everyone.

These assholes in our front office aren't friends of the Vancouver Canucks. Not by a long shot.

Hammer, treated like crap.

Richardson, treated like crap.

Marky, treated like crap.

Stecher, treated like crap.

Tanev - the guy who would break bones to block shots, the guy whose first NHL jersey was a Canucks jersey - Treated. Like. Crap.

Sbisa? Raise and an extension after playing like crap.

Sutter? Raise and an extension before playing at all (then playing like crap).

Compare what we spent on Marky, Tanev, Stecher to what has been spent on those players, Gudbranson, Roussel, Beagle.

That's a lot of crap.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The Pearson who goes missing for 15-20 games or the one that gets hot for 5 games and has 25% empty net points? You talk like Pearson is some big win . If he played on the 3rd line where his place really is he won't get 30 points. You have to thank JR for losing his mind. Pearson was useless in Pittsburg. He makes over 4 mil. You act like he is making 1-2 mil. Horvat always got shafted compared to Jimbo's picks. He always gets the worst wingers in the top 6.
Pearson makes 3.75.
He's a solid 2nd line winger.

Your upset i get it but he's not remotely a problem on this team

likash

Apr 17, 2019

Carefull now.... Miller is Jimbo's "Magnum Opus" when it comes to trades. You don't want to upset his legion of followers. The Chruch of Benning won;t stand for such ... heresy.:)

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
they spent the same on Schmidt and Holtby as Markstrom and Tanev
Schmidt isn't a switch with Tanev. They could have had both. Holtby yes but he's the inferior goalie. And the relevance is questionable in any case since they lost those assets for nothing because they didn't have cap room.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Pearson makes 3.75.
He's a solid 2nd line winger.

Your upset i get it but he's not remotely a problem on this team
He is not the problem. He is part of the problem. He should not be resigned. You can;t have top 6 players take 80% of the season off and score all his points in 20%. To me he is unreliable when he needs to produce. Plus he does not help Horvat at all. He can;t pass to save his life. He is good for around 20 games out of 82.

And let;s go to the Schmidt trade. He did not target him. Vegas called because they knew he was like a headless chicken after missing Barrie and OEL. He gave them the best offer when they were desperate to clear capspace for Pietrangello. As i said he is very lucky. His 3 best trades have the same mark. Your Gm can't be a guy who can't or won't negociate. It's insane that people still buy the: "but look at the young core" argument and still support him.

Last edited:

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
slywkzwpfe121.jpg

I want something like this but with Jim, John, Travis, Francesco
Brilliant. The shit winds are blowing

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Schmidt isn't a switch with Tanev. They could have had both. Holtby yes but he's the inferior goalie. And the relevance is questionable in any case since they lost those assets for nothing because they didn't have cap room.
i dont think so.

Jimbo's biggest off season desire was to add a top3 defenseman. Quoted as so. He pursued OEL and then after that fell apart stayed in the market and acquired Schmidt. They weren't gonna keep Markstrom unless he gave them flexibility for Seattle, Tanev was 4th in minutes played.

He kept Demko and aquired a better D who plays bigger minutes and more situations. Short term pain for long term gain

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
i dont think so.

Jimbo's biggest off season desire was to add a top3 defenseman. Quoted as so. He pursued OEL and then after that fell apart stayed in the market and acquired Schmidt. They weren't gonna keep Markstrom unless he gave them flexibility for Seattle, Tanev was 4th in minutes played.

He kept Demko and aquired a better D who plays bigger minutes and more situations. Short term pain for long term gain
I wasn't commenting on what JB would do but rather what he should do.
I've said before that Tanev and Markstrom's contract were too long but when you compare them against 5 or 6 contracts on the current roster they look like steals.
I get the decision to go with Demko. It was/is a risk. And they still got nothing for Markstrom, a guy they put a lot of development time into and got 2 or 3 good years out of.

Reactions: sting101

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Only saw the end but Montreal looked like they were in the hockey equivalent of the victory formation. Three times now they’ve closed a game like that against us this season for a whole period? I guess we should be glad they didn’t run up the score and basically took a knee.

Reactions: Fedz

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
1040 toes the line of being too negative. They already have the listeners who want Benning fired but don't want to be too negative to scare off casual fans.

Halford and Brough really lean into it by mocking the nickname "house of negativity" whenever they can.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Only saw the end but Montreal looked like they were in the hockey equivalent of the victory formation. Three times now they’ve closed a game like that against us this season for a whole period? I guess we should be glad they didn’t run up the score and basically took a knee.

It's sad when the other team quits halfway through and you still struggle to compete and produce. Shea Weber was in cruise control tonight, making sure he's durable for the season.

Reactions: PM

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Yeah Pearson sucks. Tbh it looks like he gets in Hoglanders way more than anything else.
The Pearson who goes missing for 15-20 games or the one that gets hot for 5 games and has 25% empty net points? You talk like Pearson is some big win . If he played on the 3rd line where his place really is he won't get 30 points. You have to thank JR for losing his mind. Pearson was useless in Pittsburg. He makes over 4 mil. You act like he is making 1-2 mil. Horvat always got shafted compared to Jimbo's picks. He always gets the worst wingers in the top 6.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Carefull now.... Miller is Jimbo's "Magnum Opus" when it comes to trades. You don't want to upset his legion of followers. The Chruch of Benning won;t stand for such ... heresy.:)

Don’t forget Motte. Being able to find a serviceable 4th liner should be another feather in the cap of our exalted ~*~ talent whisperer ~*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad