Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 3-2 in a shootout. Henrik passes to the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I continue to be concerned with our inability to win games in regulation. It was a big red flag last year and it continues to be a problem this season.

I think the team is playing very well though. We're not going to be a team that wins games 4-1, 4-2, etc. Especially with our depth. We have Torts playing the top line 25 minutes a night, while the fourth line plays less than a minute. I guess the wheels are going to fall off a bit, but hopefully Gillis can bring in a top-6 guy. And the return of Booth/Shroeder/Hansen will make a difference (ie. allowing the 3rd/4th lines to play an appropriate amount and giving the top guys rest).

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
IS boyle still hurt, looks like the same old aggressive sharks swarming, but the defense does not look good.

4-3 buf again.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yep. I'm more concerned about the fourth line than I am about the 2nd line.

First world problems.

If Kesler stays with the Sedins, ideally Santo would be on the 3rd line. I don't think his numbers will suffer since there's not much difference between our 2nd and 3rd line wingers once Hansen gets back. Higgins/Kassian/Burrows/Hansen - shuffle them around anyway you want and you'll get two roughly equal sets of wingers. I'm guess MG wants to see Schroeder once more.

It would help the 4th line too by moving Richardson down. Sedin-X-Santo-Richardson. Booth-Richardson-Weise is solid if we can get healthy.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
If Kesler stays with the Sedins, ideally Santo would be on the 3rd line. I don't think his numbers will suffer since there's not much difference between our 2nd and 3rd line wingers once Hansen gets back. Higgins/Kassian/Burrows/Hansen - shuffle them around anyway you want and you'll get two roughly equal sets of wingers. I'm guess MG wants to see Schroeder once more.

It would help the 4th line too by moving Richardson down. Sedin-X-Santo-Richardson. Booth-Richardson-Weise is solid if we can get healthy.

Leave Santo at 2C and give Schroeder soft 3C mins.

Boom.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Don't think it really matters which line you call which with Santo and Schroeder, but I'll give Santo's the BotD since he's scoring like a champ atm.

Well, give Santo more minutes with special teams and harder matchups.

I would let Schroeder get a span of 15-20 games with the Hodgson treatment (soft matchups). See what he does with them before we clamour to spend assets.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

I would let Schroeder get a span of 15-20 games with the Hodgson treatment (soft matchups). See what he does with them before we clamour to spend assets.

With his cheap salary that helps build cap reserve for the deadline to. I don't see us making a move until then. Dalpe should go down once we get Schroeder back, maybe keep Archie up.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
With his cheap salary that helps build cap reserve for the deadline to. I don't see us making a move until then.

Exactly. Our LTIR situation has ruined our banked space, we should ride the cheapest option that's giving us success as long as we can.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
Vancouver Canucks Goaltending
Player SA GA Saves SV% TOI PIM
R. Luongo 32 2 30 .938 64:26 0
Phoenix Coyotes Goaltending
Player SA GA Saves SV% TOI PIM
M. Smith 33 2 31 .939 65:0 0

*M. Smith (Coyotes - G): Saves: 31, Save Pct.: .939
**S. Doan (Coyotes - RW): Goals: 1, Assists: 0
***O. Ekman-Larsson (Coyotes - D): Goals: 0, Assists: 0

======================================================

No bias there at all

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
How is Santorelli winning so many faceoffs? He's dominating the draws and has never really been above 50% in his career. Winger wins playing a major role? Strange...

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
How is Santorelli winning so many faceoffs? He's dominating the draws and has never really been above 50% in his career. Winger wins playing a major role? Strange...

he's a natural centerman?

He's also got very impressive upperbody strength. I know he admitted he had to do a lot of self reflecting this past season and re invent himself into a more complete player.

Seems to be working.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
In his post game comments Torts blamed himself for trying to "stretch the bench" and having the Fourth line out for the last goal...the 4th line averaged less than 5 minutes tonight. Why doesn't Torts just dress 9 forwards if he won't use the 4th line? :help:

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
In his post game comments Torts blamed himself for trying to "stretch the bench" and having the Fourth line out for the last goal...the 4th line averaged less than 5 minutes tonight. Why doesn't Torts just dress 9 forwards if he won't use the 4th line? :help:

I don't AV ever blame himself for his mistakes......guess we like that Torts admit he is accountable for his actions

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

There is no rush to acquire another center right now, and I would like to see Schroeder get some more games before the trade deadline, but if we want to make a serious cup run I think we'd be better off with a veteran who hasn't had injury problems in the past year.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

What, is he going to dress 3 more defensemen instead?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
There is no rush to acquire another center right now, and I would like to see Schroeder get some more games before the trade deadline, but if we want to make a serious cup run I think we'd be better off with a veteran who hasn't had injury problems in the past year.

I agree completely, my point was that the 2C position has been locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad