Canucks looking to build practice facility on/near college campus

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Is there any word on the Canucks renovating Rogers Arena?
They have remodeled the interior a few times. Spent over $100 mill since the arena opened in 1996. But, the major issue for Rogers Arena is the narrow concourse due to the arena being build between 2 viaducts. Expectation is that the city will eventually vote to remove the viaducts which would give the Canucks the opportunity to expand the footprint of the arena and make the concourse wider.

I don't get the desire to build at SFU. It's on a mountain in Burnaby and for most players, that's a 25-30 minute commute. They passed on doing a facility near Rogers Arena, where the plan would have been to make the facility open to the public when the Canucks were not using it. Plus it would have been closer for the players. I guess the Canucks don't plan on moving their offices out of Rogers since they likely took over the NBA team's offices in the arena when they left. A lot of teams opt to have their team offices in their practice facility.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Is there any word on the Canucks renovating Rogers Arena?
They have a tentative plan in place for a project upwards of $500 million to develop the land around the arena, which would include an outdoor area + state of the art training facility. The issue is that the city needs to remove the viaducts which surround the arena currently. Demolition of the viaducts was supposed to commence in 2020 but has since been pushed back to as late as 2027

They upgraded from a 350sqft scoreboard to a 1,300sqft(per side) scoreboard this offseason, next offseason the seats will be upgraded

Last edited:

isabeljiokyu

Sep 19, 2023
They have a tentative plan in place for a project upwards of $500 million to develop the land around the arena, which would include an outdoor area + state of the art training facility. The issue is that the city needs to remove the viaducts which surround the arena currently. Demolition of the viaducts was supposed to commence in 2020 but has since been pushed back to as late as 2027

They upgraded from a 350sqft scoreboard to a 1,300sqft(per side) scoreboard this offseason, next offseason the seats will be upgraded

I by the way am a college student and I would very much like this to be finished as soon as possible, but it seems that this is not possible, especially since I did a write up using https://essays.edubirdie.com/write-my-essay and I actually understand how this system works, it seems that without some important sheets they can't start or finish this and actually the main problem is in the laws created, I hope this will soon be solved and we will enjoy the new campus.
It means it won't be soon :(

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad