GDT: Canucks @ Leafs - 7pm - another day, another win part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Disappointed to not see Lily in the line up. Whats up with that Keefe?

#FreeLiljegren
Was probably up under emergency loan. To much time between games to fabricate an injury like we did with Rielly/Muzzin.

We would have to use up one of our regular recalls I believe. Plus I think we still need to accrue cap space until May 8th or something.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not easy for these women to come out. When one has the strength to do so, others follow. Time for some of these spoiled athletes to realise they are not above the law. See Robbie Alomar and Deshaun Watson.

In the same breath see Varlamov, Patty Kane and Kobe Bryant etc...

Law is innocent until proven guilty. I will put my faith in the courts. You and I both do not have any first hand knowledge of what transpired, courts will figure it out.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Uhh innocent until proven guilty? If he did it I hope the book gets thrown at him but until it’s proven it would probably be best to zip it...we literally know nothing about it

Of course. I am talking in general. Virtanen would not be the first athlete/celebrity to be found guilty of suxual abuse if he is found to be. These are different times. Women no longer have to suffer in silence.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Was probably up under emergency loan. To much time between games to fabricate an injury like we did with Rielly/Muzzin.

We would have to use up one of our regular recalls I believe. Plus I think we still need to accrue cap space until May 8th or something.

We're using LTIR, not accruing space.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Law is innocent until proven guilty. I will put my faith in the courts. You and I both do not have any first hand knowledge of what transpired, courts will figure it out.

Never said whether Virtanen is guilty or not. You asked why it took so longer for the accuser to come out.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

I don't think we fabricated injury for Mo and Muzzin. Keefe basically said it is maintaince day. And if you look at Rielly's interview today he did basically said "not easy to ask for the guys here to take a day off " (paraphrasing)

Lily should be playing IMO. Holl can cool off. If Keefe scratched Lily for the penalty he took (which wasnt a penalty btw); I am not gonna be happy

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Uhh innocent until proven guilty? If he did it I hope the book gets thrown at him but until it’s proven it would probably be best to zip it...we literally know nothing about it

Zip what? If he is Virtanen; never accused him of being guilty. As for Alomar, talk to MLB and the Jays who already want nothing to do with him. Watson, when 20+ women come out, me thinks it might not be a conspiracy.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Recieved two of my favourite players in the mail today. Wooo.

They are both playing tonight...So it's relevant lol, let me have this
20210501_174317.jpg
20210501_174224.jpg

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Zip what? If he is Virtanen; never accused him of being guilty. As for Alomar, talk to MLB and the Jays who already want nothing to do with him. Watson, when 20+ women come out, me thinks it might not be a conspiracy.

Watson I have a lot less doubt on as it seems to be a serial thing with him...Alomar I don’t know MLB is pretty quick to try to jump in front of these things so until I hear more I don’t know...
Virtanen I really don’t know as it came out later on and I can’t seem to find what she said anywhere...

I stick to the idea that until it’s proven I’ll look at him as innocent as it wouldn’t be the first time someone came out and made something up...truthfully if he did I hope he gets every penalty the law can give and then loses a lot in a civil suit

Reactions: ToneDog

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
cancel culture is so hard now that in the playoffs if some one were to make fake allegations towards a whole team they would have to scratch all their best players.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Completely agree with Bieksa's take. Edler took the fight, he wasn't injured, and once it was over the matter was settled.

However, I also believe not every situation is equal. Case in point, Bertuzzi vs. Moore. Bertuzzi was a monster and I don't blame Moore for not wanting any part of him. The Canucks should have sent someone else in to take on Moore.

In this case, sure Simmonds has plenty of fights and Edler none, so it was a mismatch. So I do get why Canucks fans are angry, but if it had been, say, Quinn Hughes that had taken out Hyman I doubt Simmonds would have challenged him. In that case, more likely other players would have taken a run or two at him rather than fighting him, or perhaps a Dermott would have stepped up.

Short version: Every situation is different.

I agree it was a mismatch but I think that was made-up for by Simmonds letting up after getting in a couple punches. Simmonds recognized the mismatch and just let him go.

Think too much is being made of this, but yea, I agree with Bieksa, too.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Rest a few others
Because AM is chasing the rocket...keep him in with Marner

Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Kerfoot - Nylander
Simmonds - Brooks - Mikhayev
Thornton - Engvall - Robertson

Rielly - Liljgren
Muzzin - Sandin
Dermott - Hutton

Campbell

Screw it. Get some guys hungry

Robertson will not play another game because they aren't burning his ELC

forecheck

May 14, 2007
No worries - Sportsnet will have a half hour pre game on the virtanen situation and convict him in that half hour - Cassie will be the Judge.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

I agree with you about the presumption of innocence and the importance of that. But in terms of courts figuring things out, I think it's important to keep in mind the very high burden of proof on the prosecution (beyond a reasonable doubt) and the evidentiary issues (what evidence is admissible, what evidence is left after so long). A not guilty verdict is not a declaration of innocence, but merely stating that the prosecution has not proved its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is of course intentional; there's a maxim that it is better to let 10 guilty people free than to incarcerate 1 innocent person. But what that also means is that courts don't really figure out what transpired, but determine whether the prosecution has proved its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->