Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
80s Leafs had so many characters, so many players come and gone
It seems players didn't last more than 5 years in that era
Except maybe Todd Gill and Clark

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Don't think there's 10 NHL regulars in the league that are more of a heavyweight than Simmonds; he's not Reaves tough but he is really tough.

I view him as a tough cruiserweight. He's certainly not a push over and it was a clear mismatch with him vs. Elder, however, it wasn't dangerously mismatched.

I saw Nurse get ragdolled by Lucic against the bench and like Simmonds did tonight he held back. THAT was a mismatch. As I said, I am on the fence about it.

What if Hyman was out for the season, or his career?
I'm not into the fighting anymore, but I get it. Leaf players need to know that some players have their backs. We've seen the team be bullied and run on before without a response.

Last edited:

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Not really, but it's not a shock that going from a top pairing defenseman as his partner to a #7 guy has hurt him
Yeah but the narrative around here that he's a legit top 4 d-man that shouldn't be exposed in the expansion draft under any circumstances is completely unwarranted. In fact, Dermott should probably be protected over Holl - at least with Dermott you know he can anchor his pairing and as he's 5 years younger than Holl could soon work his way into a bigger role

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Liljegren has looked better as the game has gone on, thought he was a little shakey his first couple shifts.

His gap control tonight has been top notch.

There's a massive difference between NHL and AHL speed. There are a of AHL players who can pass and shoot like NHLers, they just can't adjut to speed........... See Robie Scrhremp, TJ Brennan

I think Lilly has looked good as any D. I am not missing Rielly at all

Which sucks, because I would have liked to see him on a PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad