• ........dude, what?

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
The Canucks are currently fun to watch. Something I haven't been able to say in awhile.

Win or lose I'm just happy they are playing entertaining hockey!

Agree. I hope Winnipeg cools their jets after the loss to the Oilers tonight. Maybe the Jets take us lightly and we sneak out a win. Or (more than likely), we'll get hammered.

Go Brock!

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks are lucky to be catching some of these teams early in the schedule....wouldn't like their chances of going into hostile buildings in Florida, Tampa and Pittsburgh in January, and coming out with wins. So who knows on Thursday. Jets are still finding their legs early in the year, and now Byfuglien is out, a guy who's been bad news for Canucks teams over the years.

Jets will be motivated after blowing a lead to the Oilers and letting them off the hook, and final game of a long road-trip for the Canucks. Nilsson will have to hold the fort, but even then, probably won't be enough.

Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks are lucky to be catching some of these teams early in the schedule....wouldn't like their chances of going into hostile buildings in Florida, Tampa and Pittsburgh in January, and coming out with wins. So who knows on Thursday. Jets are still finding their legs early in the year, and now Byfuglien is out, a guy who's been bad news for Canucks teams over the years.

Jets will be motivated after blowing a lead to the Oilers and letting them off the hook, and final game of a long road-trip for the Canucks. Nilsson will have to hold the fort, but even then, probably won't be enough.

Fortunately,they only play a home and away with the Eastern Conference teams...So pretty impressive for the Canucks

...and lets not forget about all the doomsayers who predicted the Canucks to get annihilated on this trip.

Reactions: sting101

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Fortunately,they only play a home and away with the Eastern Conference teams...So pretty impressive for the Canucks

...and lets not forget about all the doomsayers who predicted the Canucks to get annihilated on this trip.
You seem pretty excited, are we going to be seeing another playoff push thread from you?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
You seem pretty excited, are we going to be seeing another playoff push thread from you?
Maybe I'll start it!

Formula is clear for our success..
Now we need to stay healthy.
That's not gonna happen...
But let's see how it works out... right?
Clearly the depth of the supposed playoff teams out there are much weaker than we all expected.

Jets should be angry next game... but hey... Laine and Ehlers got pts.. so hopefully they pull all nighters on Fortnite...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Im 1-5 in predictions so far this year, only got the Carolina game right lol

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
This "Lose for Hughes", Fire Green", Fire all the Bums" fan is loving this current run but there is the little voice in my head saying "You've seen this movie before"

Last edited:

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
This "Lose for Hughes", Fire Green", Fire all the Bums" fan is loving this current run but there is the little voice in my head saying "You've seen this movie before"

Agreed. At least this season though, we have the kids who are leading the way (so far). Last year, I think we were being led by Dorsett's 6 goals in October.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

You're not wrong, but enjoy the ride. Nothing wrong with actually being able to cheer the team you support.

Reactions: nucks88

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

I understand and agree your sentiment on the road games being done early in Tampa and Pittsburgh. But really Florida and their 50 fans is now considered a hostile building?
Maybe I'll start it!

Formula is clear for our success..
Now we need to stay healthy.
That's not gonna happen...
But let's see how it works out... right?
Clearly the depth of the supposed playoff teams out there are much weaker than we all expected.

Jets should be angry next game... but hey... Laine and Ehlers got pts.. so hopefully they pull all nighters on Fortnite...
Not gonna lie, I hate Fortnite with a passion, but I really would love to see Laine do one of their dances as a goal celebration against us.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tail end of a marathon six-game road trip, and the Jets must be fuming after blowing up in the third period against the Oilers. Not liking the optics of this one. Nilsson will have to play his best game of the road swing for the Canucks to stand a chance. Unfortunately without Pettersson, the Canucks are getting by on energy and relentless puck pursuit, but that will dip eventually.

Best case scenario another tight-checking game with the Canucks still in it in the third period.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The road trip has been awesome,and has given us a glimpse of what the Sedin-less Canucks look like..However,I don't see the Canucks taking this game..For some reason,we just don't match up very well against the Jets.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You're not wrong, but enjoy the ride. Nothing wrong with actually being able to cheer the team you support.
EP was scoring. Goldy was looking like an NHL player. Brock scores the OT winner. Horvat is producing as is Bear.

If it was eriksson, sutter, Gagner, carrying the load it wouldn’t make fans feel good.

But if the younger guys are scoring and they win, enjoy it.

Reactions: Cogburn and nucks88

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have been getting good goaltending. If they continue that way they have a chance to be competitive. Also they didn't deflate when they went down a goal early! Really good!

Green is building a new look. Some of his lines are starting to click. This is a good sign. The defense seems to be green lighted to join the attack. Once everybody is familiar with each other this could be a decent team. I think the line up has to evolve around Petterson if they insist he's ready. He plays on the softest line ever! I think he needs a bodygaurd on every shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->