GDT: Canucks @ Jets - Bell MTS Place - Mon Dec 11 7PM CT - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm more interested in maximizing the unit and not catering to Trouba's ego. Morrissey's skill set fits that unit much better than Trouba's.

Lets give Trouba a chance he is a talented player and this is a good challenge for him lets see if he rises to the challenge. He is skilled and I don't look at this as anything other than an attempt to maximize the #1 unit.

Reactions: kanadalainen

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
God we are in trouble:

Enstrom hurt - out for a couple more weeks at least
Buff gone for a few weeks at least
Myers hip looks very wonky - very concerning
Trouba's brain looks very wonky - very concerning
Chiarot is... Chiarot
Kulikov has been good but he has one or 2 inexplicable brain farts a game.

Morrissey is great!

Poolman is encouraging but obviously VERY inexperienced and we will see how he holds up to more, and harder minutes.

Then what???

Helle better remember how he played in the first 2 months. Mason better slide right in and pick up where he left off.

We need to acquire someone. I think even when we are healthy we could upgrade that 6/7 spot.

The last year we made the playoffs I think 4 of our top 4 were out and that is why Buff got moved back to D (Enstrom, Bogo, Trouba, and Stu were all out). We had a total patchwork D core but our goalies bailed us out and our team took on the challenge and found a way. By comparison this time around we have a top 4 that will be Morrissey-Trouba Kuli-Myers with Chia and Poolman as a functional bottom pair. This is suboptimal but as long as our goal-tending responds and team pulls together I think we will be fine.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Chariot was a train wreck on the bottom pairing in limited minutes last year. I'm not holding my breath.

I am not holding my breath either but he is a smart responsible partner who can move the puck (unlike Stu or our bottom pair
Trouba is looking at huge minutes in the coming stretch. He's been really good lately. His point play has actually been good... walking the line and getting his shot through.

Morrissey is also looking at big minutes.

How important was the Kulikov signing? He's been really solid. Myers has been improving.

Poolman and Chiarot need to play a simple game, but maintain good gaps.

Still think they need to optimize the forward line-up by moving Hendricks out. We've seen enough.

Hell f***ing yea!!! This is why we need "quality" depth people....our bottom pairing now moves up to our 2nd pairing and are both good enough to be playing in the 2nd pair.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok I know this sucks but..........with loss comes opportunity. First off Mason is back now and that is huge, I think we need two solid goalies to tackle this challenge. Secondly, Trouba gets challenged and an increased role which could kick start his season to reach last years level. Thirdly, Poolman is the most complete skilled 8th D man we have ever used and I think this is a great step for his pro career. Any usage here in this pressure situation will only make him stronger. We will need that growth in him here as this season goes along. In the past we would use guys that were just place holders to fill in but I look at Poolman as part of our future D core so lets get the Poolman era started shall we.

If this team is going to make any noise in the playoffs they are going to have to overcome some tough obstacles and this is one of them. Bring it on and lets kick some ass.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Friends, Romans, HFboardsmen, lend me your ears;
We come to bury Canucks, not to praise them.
The evil that befell the Jets on the road trip lives after them;
Big Buff is now interred and popcorn’d in the press box;
So let it be with Horvat. The noble Maurice
Hath told you our first line was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Mo answer'd it.
Here, under leave of Helle and the Mase--
For each goalie is an honourable man;
So are they all, Jets - honourable men--
And so come I to speak at Vancouver’s funeral.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Congrats on post #30,000!

I'm not sure what to expect tonight. It's a bad sign that, while I had tickets for the game, I'm out of town and can't make it and can't find any takers to buy my tix for tonight. Team's winning and no interest in prime tickets at STH cost? Oy.

m.
i can shovel your snow for them :D

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It will be interesting to see if teams take more liberties with our star players now now that Buff is out of the lineup .

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It will be interesting to see if teams take more liberties with our star players now now that Buff is out of the lineup .
If we can get our powerplay to where it was 3 games a go I would like to see teams try. But, seriously our only real tough guy now is Lowry.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If we can get our powerplay to where it was 3 games a go I would like to see teams try. But, seriously our only real tough guy now is Lowry.

Tampa game was the only one of the last 5 that we did not score a PP goal. The PP has been fine actually.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Frenchie, Fly, Pate, Tanev + who's the player in the grey hoodie?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Wheeler, Scheif, Lowry, Laine, Copp, Morrissey, Trouba, Myers, Kulikov, Chiarot and Perreault can all hold their own. They all aren'tbig fighters or anything but they can stick up for themselves without Buffs help.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lets start a riot...

1313526368637_ORIGINAL.jpg

:sarcasm:

Go Jets Go !!!

:jets

Status
Not open for further replies.