Youtube: CANUCKS - ISLANDERS: Glass vs. Martin (tko?)

mygameworn

Dec 24, 2007
Connecticut
mygameworn.net
Looks like a knock out to me, though only very briefly. Good fight.

Knock out

Knock Out:
to defeat (an opponent) in a boxing match by striking such a blow that the opponent is unable to rise within the specified time.

to render (a person) unconscious

Knock Down:

to strike (someone or something) from an erect to a prone position: to knock over a lamp.

Therefore it's a Knock down. But overall it was a great scrap, Glass isn't used to winning too many of those :X

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Knock Out:
to defeat (an opponent) in a boxing match by striking such a blow that the opponent is unable to rise within the specified time.

to render (a person) unconscious

Knock Down:

to strike (someone or something) from an erect to a prone position: to knock over a lamp.

Therefore it's a Knock down. But overall it was a great scrap, Glass isn't used to winning too many of those :X
Hockey is not boxing, when someone goes down from momentary disorientation due to a hard punch (basically loses the ability to stand, even briefly) I think most people would call it a KO in a hockey fight. When people say knock down it means the guy has slipped/fallen/got pushed down, i.e. he hit the ice for some reason other than his legs going limp due to his brain rattling around inside his skull. I'd say this was a KO by hockey fight standards, the boxing style KOs where the guy can't stand up for 10+ seconds afterwards are incredibly rare in hockey fights.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Hockey is not boxing, when someone goes down from momentary disorientation due to a hard punch (basically loses the ability to stand, even briefly) I think most people would call it a KO in a hockey fight. When people say knock down it means the guy has slipped/fallen/got pushed down, i.e. he hit the ice for some reason other than his legs going limp due to his brain rattling around inside his skull. I'd say this was a KO by hockey fight standards, the boxing style KOs where the guy can't stand up for 10+ seconds afterwards are incredibly rare in hockey fights.

Exactly. Basically for hockey, a fight is over when a guy goes down under those circumstances. If a guy gets tagged hard and goes all bambi-legged, even if he wants to get up right away, the linesmen are in there right away. The fight has been ended because the guy landed "such a blow that the opponent is unable to rise within the specified time." In hockey, this specified time is zero. As soon as you get hit hard enough that you fold up like that, you're done. Thus, it's a KO.

Scottrockztheworld*

I could see that Glass was waiting for his chance to get a few shots on Martin then unloaded that huge fist to martin's face.

4Isles4*

man i was there live....Martin was winning the fight and then Glass cought him with a blast square to the face.....

camper*

Hey Ponder, ponder this. You gotta be a balarina and never in a scrap if ya think Martin got K. O. Guarantee ya when you see a kid pop right up thats scary tough . Martin the rook was schooling the vet period. Glass threw a hail mary, Martin took the punch off balance from just throwing his own bomb . If you think that was such a big shot from glass you better look at the fact it may have helped knock him down but did Zero to the kid . Thats whats scary, the kid is tough as nails and got up like no big deal.Next shift right in their face again, thats a tough hockey player took a lump gave many lumps and come back for more. Find me 3 kids like him and you win a playoff series. I watched Probert take a few too. These types of players are scary tough. Any dummy don't see that is just typing for something to do. Martin has stuff to possibly learn scrapping against nhlers but has more fearless in him than 10 guys,you cn't teach that, props to you Marty tough as nails but we seen you in Sarinia take on all comers

Last edited by a moderator:

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
You gotta be a balarina and never in a scrap. Martin the rook was schooling the vet period. Glass threw a hail mary, Martin took the punch off balance from just throwing his own bomb . If you think that was such a big shot from glass you better look at the fact it may have helped knock him down but did Zero to the kid . Thats whats scary, the kid is tough as nails and got up like no big deal.Next shift right in their face again, thats a tough hockey player took a lump gave many lumps and come back for more. Find me 3 kids like him and you win a playoff series. I watched Probert take a few too. These types of players are scary tough. Any dummy don't see that is just typing for something to do.

3 Matt Martins wins a playoffs series? It'd take at least 60 Matt Martins to even make the playoffs, much less win a series :laugh:

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
Glass threw a hail mary? Are you new to fighting? I belive for over a hundred years that is called a counter-shot. Its a knock-down and a tko because the fight was done as that happened.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Hey Ponder, ponder this. You gotta be a balarina and never in a scrap if ya think Martin got K. O. Guarantee ya when you see a kid pop right up thats scary tough . Martin the rook was schooling the vet period. Glass threw a hail mary, Martin took the punch off balance from just throwing his own bomb . If you think that was such a big shot from glass you better look at the fact it may have helped knock him down but did Zero to the kid . Thats whats scary, the kid is tough as nails and got up like no big deal.Next shift right in their face again, thats a tough hockey player took a lump gave many lumps and come back for more. Find me 3 kids like him and you win a playoff series. I watched Probert take a few too. These types of players are scary tough. Any dummy don't see that is just typing for something to do. Martin has stuff to possibly learn scrapping against nhlers but has more fearless in him than 10 guys,you cn't teach that, props to you Marty tough as nails but we seen you in Sarinia take on all comers

Glass threw a hail mary? it was actually Martin who threw a hail mary and missed allowing Glass to land a nice counter punch which knocked Martin down. Martin was winning the fight up till that point but skates away with the loss. Props to Martin for skating off and playing the rest of the game. Martin is definitely gonna give a few KO's and TKO's during his career he throws bombs

E_Godard

Sep 21, 2006
Section 103
Definitely a knock down.

After the fight there were a few really drunk Jets fans in the stands that kept yelling over to Glass. He was pretty funny. Just kept his cool, smiling at them saying "you dont want any of this".

Scottrockztheworld*

What ever guys

Martin lost, Glass won.

That is all that matters. Who cares if it were a knock down or out

camper*

Glass threw a hail mary? it was actually Martin who threw a hail mary and missed allowing Glass to land a nice counter punch which knocked Martin down. Martin was winning the fight up till that point but skates away with the loss. Props to Martin for skating off and playing the rest of the game. Martin is definitely gonna give a few KO's and TKO's during his career he throws bombs

You have to be losing to throw a hail mary and glass was losing, Martin did not throw a hail mary cause martin was winning. Now there are a number of factors in this fight, age martin rook age 21, glass vet age 27, martin took the fight to him all fight, not knocking glass he was taking it. Martin got caught with a punch that knocked him down got up , no probs. Look at the tape glass hit him palm down, sure it stunned martin as he seen the second punch coming which never connected, thats what sent him down , avoiding the second punch, look at the tape martins eyes are wide open.
Martin out fought, got tagged and what is scarier took glass's best punch which sent him backward avoiding a second punch without any visible effects except for a three zip cut you admit was done earier in the fight. A look at the tape shows a spot near the cut area but was likely there sometime while throwing punches from glass knucle which was obviously cut on the helmet at some point. You do not take a hunk out of you knuckle on skin. Because glass threw a palm down punch your nails are exposed which was likely the cause of the cut, your nail is 3 zips wide .
Believe it or not but if this was glasses best shot and martin the 21 yr old rook took it like nothing or even if he was cut by it, its a good thing glass fell on him cause I don't think I would want to continue with a guy that just took my best got up and did not fiss him as others have mentioned
So knock down sure, but the facts being age,got up,was handing out some great shots while controling the majority of the fight vs. the vet leaves me knowing who the bad ass was in the bout.

msv957

Aug 3, 2005
Martin went down on a real good punch. It was a heck of a fight.

Just curious, Is Glass considered a heavyweight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad