Friedman: Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Elliot Friedman - 31 Thoughts said:
I do think the Canucks still would consider adding a Wayne Simmonds, but that's more difficult without a 2020 first- or second-rounder.

"I don't foresee us trading any more picks," Benning said, adding he'd consider something with other prospects. What the Toffoli move tells us, however, is he's going to try."

31 Thoughts: Making sense of Toffoli trade for Canucks - Sportsnet.ca

Bob McKenzie said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they contemplate the Simmonds thing

McKenzie: Canucks may continue to stay aggressive towards trade deadline

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Did you read the quote? It says one of our young players.

baerstchi is 27. The average age of the Canucks roster is 27. So he is not young

obviously theres going to be a + there... my point is if you can include Beartschi who has term left in his contract + a young prospect (tier 2 prospects not Hog and Pod) you make that deal.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Did you read the quote? It says one of our young players.

baerstchi is 27. The average age of the Canucks roster is 27. So he is not young
I could see Stecher on his way out. He is not going to be back next year, and is pretty replaceable this year. If we can get an expiring asset for him, I could see it. Tryamkin is also a possibility as it doesn't sounds like he is willing to work his way up from Utica.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
obviously theres going to be a + there... my point is if you can include Beartschi who has term left in his contract + a young prospect (tier 2 prospects not Hog and Pod) you make that deal.
But you’re calling out another poster for calling Benning insane because he is open to the idea of trading away prospects still to acquire roster players. This poster did not mention baerstchi at all.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
But you’re calling out another poster for calling Benning insane because he is open to the idea of trading away prospects still to acquire roster players. This poster did not mention baerstchi at all.

he made it sound like Benning is just looking to trade prospects just for the heck of it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Baertchi and Juolevi for Simmonds (20% retain) and 2020 3rd

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Toffoli was a good target. Not sure what Simmonds would add, I could be wrong though.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Simmonds has literally fallen off a cliff and hit every branch on the way down.. If the Canucks are getting him for toughness.. too bad he hit that branch too. I just don't see what he adds. Are we going for a LA reunion?

Simmonds put up 3 points after he was traded to Nashville in 17 games..

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Maybe Benning moves a future 1st and cap dumps Eriksson for Simmonds. Simmonds sucks but is a UFA and moving Eriksson solves a lot of future cap crunch issues

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This Benning Guy is completely insane.

Not a Benning fan here btw, but what he said does not sound insane at all. He's just not looking into moving anymore picks for now since he's moved a lot recently and wants to have a strong balance of picks still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad