Rumor: Canucks interested in Slater Koekkoek and Jayce Hawrlyuk

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Can I get some scouting on the 2 please.

Jayce was confirmed for Covid so hopefuly he is healthy now and with no lingering effect.

Is he a full time centre or does he play wing too?

Im not sure where we would play him unless theres a plan to trade/buy out Sutter or Move Gaudette to wing.

Current Centre depth chart

Pettersson
Horvat
Gaudette/Sutter
Beagle

What's slater like? he is a high Yzerman draft pick so there must be potential there.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
ya who needs depth during what will be a condensed pandemic season

Yea it's better to have 6 #1 defenseman right?

there’s depth and then there is questionable depth that likely won’t contribute much towards being a winning program, let’s not pretend like these are players that know how to win and have experience and leadership qualities that will slot in and solidify the roster

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
2 way depth contracts will be huge if it's a condensed season with expanded rosters. Both of these guys did alright in small samples last year.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Neither of your posts are at all insightful or add anything to the thread
Ah yes, speaking of insightful additions to the thread's discourse..

Sounds like a lot of Meh depth Types but I guess you do you Vancouver

Vancouver has Hughes, Schmidt, Edler, and Myers as their top 4 and the OP lays out their C depth - seems pretty obvious these guys are depth pieces to fill out their roster. Who is out here worried about winning pedigree in your #6 and 7 d-men lol, go back to bed.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Ah yes, speaking of insightful additions to the thread's discourse..

yes I said they are meh depth type players, so if I need to further elaborate they are nothing more than a #6/7 Defenseman that get shuffled in and out of the lineup and a #13 type forward that you can insert into the lineup every so often in a 4th line role if the coach is displeased with someone’s compete level. Nothing to get excited about, the equivalent of me making a Greg McKegg thread for the Bruins

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
yes I said they are meh depth type players, so if I need to further elaborate they are nothing more than a #6/7 Defenseman that get shuffled in and out of the lineup and a #13 type forward that you can insert into the lineup every so often in a 4th line role if the coach is displeased with someone’s compete level. Nothing to get excited about, the equivalent of me making a Greg McKegg thread for the Bruins
no shit dude. Your Nobel is in the mail.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
there’s depth and then there is questionable depth that likely won’t contribute much towards being a winning program, let’s not pretend like these are players that know how to win and have experience and leadership qualities that will slot in and solidify the roster
In other words
They don’t play the right away, they need to become the student of the game !! :laugh:

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
no shit dude. Your Nobel is in the mail.

why would I get a peace prize for posting on a hockey boards site?

perhaps a Pulitzer Prize for astute online Journalism is what you were going for on you burn

Take a chill pill, don’t get so offended by someone saying a move made by your favorite team is a waste of resources, in other words better off letting the kids play if you are going to sign that level of player

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad