Rumor: Canucks interested in Ferland

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I'm guessing Ferland's agent is happy about the news of Benning being interested.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
in about 2 years Ferland will start declining.

How much would you pay for 2yrs of a decent PF that can get 40-50pts because after that he's probably just a bigger version of Roussel

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ferland is a decent 3rd liner who eked up to the 40-point range by playing with (and dragging down) Gaudreau/Monahan and Aho/Teravainen for the past couple years.

He could probably drag down Pettersson and score 40 points here, too, but that doesn’t mean paying him $6 million to do it is a good idea.

Reactions: geebaan and timw33

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Easy pass on Ferland..we are all ready loaded with 3rd liners who are grossly over payed...we need scoring talent and defense. Not more grit...

Disagree.

We need scoring talent, defence, AND more grit. This team isn't good enough in any of those areas to win a championship.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
if we want a big, scoring winger bring me Anders Lee

Eastern-based American marquee players don’t sign in Vancouver.

Lee is a 28 y/o 40-goal scorer. He’s going to have 10+ big contract offers this summer from Eastern-based US teams.

No way in hell he has the slightest interest in coming to a bad team in another country with the worst travel in the NHL and poor weather.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
if we want a big, scoring winger bring me Anders Lee
It would take a miracle for Lee to walk. I'm sure the same was said of Tavares, but that really did take a perfect storm.

I sure would prefer him to Ferland tho...

I don't think we stand to gain much by trying to acquire him at the deadline. Let the other teams outbid for his services.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad