Rumor: Canucks interested in Ferland

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Ferland seems like a great add on for a team like Boston or Pitts..,a team poised for a bit of a run in the playoffs.

The Canucks should not start deviating from the course at this point....All moves should still be long term.

How would this signing defer from the roussell/beagle/schaller signings?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Kind of surprises me the amount of positivity in this thread for Ferland. The amount of animosity towards him from Canucks fans during the Flames/Canucks series was a lot. Canucks fans hated Ferland because he basically pushed that Canucks team around, no problem. That was the series where Canucks were up 3-1 in that Game 6 in 2015 trying to force Game 7, had a 4-3 lead into the 3rd, and lost 7-4.

But I'm on board the Ferland train, too. I like him as a player. He's a big, skilled dude that doesn't take any ****.

Most of us can see when a player is good and doing good things even if they play for a rival. We can hate em but still appreciate what they would bring to the table

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
what about Juolevi straight up for him? Interesting that in 30 thoughts there was talk that the oilers want Virtanaen. Would people here do Puljujarvi for Virtanen?
I would probably do goldobin and baer for puljujarvi and edmonton's first which would be from 14- 20 range two young cost controlled middle six nhl wingers who will get between 40-50 points added to the oil lineup for the forseeable future.
Puljujarvi is a likely a middle six project and fits the age rebuild.
The nucks would have space to promote gaudette puljujarvi and maybe dahlen .
A mid first is where some top rhd are rated for the upcoming draft and we would have the oils plus our likely top 10 picks.
It may seem a little more extreme then what JB would likely do but it would make for an exciting draft day in van with two firsts .

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
A team with Roussell, Gudbranson, Sutter, Virtanen, Beagle, Motte, AND Ferland would be incredibly hard to play against. I’d trade a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Goldobin, for Ferland and Miles Wood

Baertschi- Pettersson- Boeser
Ferland- Horvat - Virtanen (BEAST LINE)
Wood - Gaudette - Roussell
Motte - Beagle - Eriksson

Quite possibly the toughest bottom 9 in the league and one of the hardest team to play against in the league

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Ferland is a player the Canucks need, also no thanks to moving Virtanen as he’s coming into his own this year and we need not only the speed he brings but his style of play.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Do you guys realize this is not the same Ferland that schooled us in the playoffs?

He doesn’t play nearly as physical and he’s not protecting anyone anymore. We can add him to our list of fake tough guys though.

I would advise watching some games outside of just the Canucks to get a read on some of these players. There is a reason he is being shopped and why Calgary traded him to begin with.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
He won't be worth what we have to give up to get him in a bidding war.

Not only that, but in a hypothetical situation where we acquire him, Jim Benning would then be the guy negotiating a new contract with him. That's scarier than the trade itself.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
A team with Roussell, Gudbranson, Sutter, Virtanen, Beagle, Motte, AND Ferland would be incredibly hard to play against. I’d trade a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Goldobin, for Ferland and Miles Wood

Baertschi- Pettersson- Boeser
Ferland- Horvat - Virtanen (BEAST LINE)
Wood - Gaudette - Roussell
Motte - Beagle - Eriksson

Quite possibly the toughest bottom 9 in the league and one of the hardest team to play against in the league

Good lord are you actually Jim benning.

That’s a horrible trade and that top 12 is brutal, that’s an excellent way to build a team that’s in no mans land of only every making it as high as a wildcard spot and then getting swept in the first round.

Reactions: Cousin Tangibles

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I would probably do goldobin and baer for puljujarvi and edmonton's first which would be from 14- 20 range two young cost controlled middle six nhl wingers who will get between 40-50 points added to the oil lineup for the forseeable future.
Puljujarvi is a likely a middle six project and fits the age rebuild.
The nucks would have space to promote gaudette puljujarvi and maybe dahlen .
A mid first is where some top rhd are rated for the upcoming draft and we would have the oils plus our likely top 10 picks.
It may seem a little more extreme then what JB would likely do but it would make for an exciting draft day in van with two firsts .

Edmonton is not going to part with a first round pick for players the caliber of Goldy and Baertschi.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm all for Ferland. Our team toughness is embarrassing as it is, and Ferland should help the team in that department. He can hit like a train, and can chip in on the goals too. He's still young and had experience in the playoffs where he can dominate at times. Carolina and Calgary fans seem to love him, Not sure why the hate. If the numbers are right "which is unlikely", I think he'd be a great addition on the team.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Trading picks or prospects for a free agent to be?

Rebuild complete baby!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Absolutely.

Ferland I don't mind... but wouldn't move to much for the guy.
Then you won’t get him. If Elliott’s sources are right and there are multiple teams interested the Canucks are not in a situation where they need to be paying through the roof. Ferlund is not the Canucks final piece.

If he makes it to free agency, then they can look into it.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He is UFA in 2019-20 I would not used assets to get him here.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I did say just money meant free as in UFA.

Edit is he not a UFA this off season? My bad I thought he was sorry.

He is, I'm just saying I don't think he makes it to July 1st. If he was smart maybe he would but I think some team will trade for him that is more appealing than us and will give him Tom Wilson money. We could trade for him and roll the dice though...

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I wouldn’t mind Ferland at all, depending on the cost.

Daily Hive / Twitter said it’s Gaudette +.

I would do AG88 for Ferland plus another minor league player in a heartbeat. Ferland has exactly what we need. He’s like what we thought JV18 would be. Hits, fights , agitates, and will score 20 a year.

Gaudette doesn’t score, doesn’t hit, won’t fight.

My only issue is trading an RFA or 2 for a UFA

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
He is, I'm just saying I don't think he makes it to July 1st. If he was smart maybe he would but I think some team will trade for him that is more appealing than us and will give him Tom Wilson money. We could trade for him and roll the dice though...
Tom Wilson money would be silly I'd pass but I'd love to have him riding shot gun with Pettersson and Boeser.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Would be a stupid acquisition

But would also probably cost Jim his job

So I'm torn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->