Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread - Mar. 12th - Kesler sent back to Vancouver for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
If this injury convinces Gillis to keep Kesler over a substantial package, then he would be mistaken.

I would agree this season is a lsot cause, sure they could make the playoffs but it's also unlikely and a long term plan on making the team better, younger and more depth is needed.

Kesler is their best asset and the time to move him probably was 2 years ago but it won't get any better than it is right now.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I would agree this season is a lsot cause, sure they could make the playoffs but it's also unlikely and a long term plan on making the team better, younger and more depth is needed.

Kesler is their best asset and the time to move him probably was 2 years ago but it won't get any better than it is right now.

2 years ago, despite really being not that good, they were presidents trophy winners.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
Was Santo the workhorse that kept this team going? It seemed like we were in a good position to finish 6-7th when Santo was gelling well with the team. Kesler was doing great too. Sedin injured for 3 weeks is massive at this point in time, even if we're not doing that great.

If we sneak into 8th I'd be very impressed, and I still believe this team can do it despite the injuries.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Was Santo the workhorse that kept this team going? It seemed like we were in a good position to finish 6-7th when Santo was gelling well with the team. Kesler was doing great too. Sedin injured for 3 weeks is massive at this point in time, even if we're not doing that great.

If we sneak into 8th I'd be very impressed, and I still believe this team can do it despite the injuries.

Santo was producing, that's the big thing. He played well with a handful of players, and was versatile. Gave us the option to play Henrik, Kesler, Santo down the middle, or have Santo on Kesler's wing to make a somewhat respectable second line.

He is missed, and without him, and now Daniel, I'd say it would take a damn miracle to even sniff the playoffs.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

Santorelli was huge and it sad that it was really Alberts injuries that made the team collapse and Santorelli was the final straw. Damn you Hanzal! I still think the team can somehow sneak into the playoff. It will require the team to overcome these injuries and with some luck we can get in.

Wetcoaster

Santo was producing, that's the big thing. He played well with a handful of players, and was versatile. Gave us the option to play Henrik, Kesler, Santo down the middle, or have Santo on Kesler's wing to make a somewhat respectable second line.

He is missed, and without him, and now Daniel, I'd say it would take a damn miracle to even sniff the playoffs.
Do not despair we still have David Booth healthy.

John Bender*

Hopefully it stays that way - need to make sure we can buy him out. :)

Actually, they really should think about healthy scratching him at some point soon. The guy is an idiot........he's had a run of a good what? 30 games without injury? You know a torn something is just right around the corner.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Actually, they really should think about healthy scratching him at some point soon. The guy is an idiot........he's had a run of a good what? 30 games without injury? You know a torn something is just right around the corner.

Getting injured makes someone an idiot?

Wetcoaster

Richardson scratched for two games.......hurt? or what?
Like Ryan Stanton he injured his undisclosed.

Brad Richardson
Sustained: March 4, 2014
Games missed: 2

Ryan Stanton
Sustained: March 6, 2014 (pre-game skate)
Games missed: 2

Daniel's on IR along with Santorelli and Alberts.

Daniel Sedin
Sustained: March 2, 2014
Games missed: 3
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39938

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Stanton practicing with team.

@patersonjeff: Stanton practicing with full group. Coaching staff in tact and on ice #Canucks

@VanCanucks: Practice underway before team leaves for Winnipeg. Ryan Stanton back on the ice with his teammates after missing the last 3 games.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Some good news

https://twitter.com/H_S_9/status/443544621272936448
Big day today. Got back on the ice for the first time. Still lots of recovery to go but my hip felt great. #sohappy pic.twitter.com/P2NoHCElrf

BifJe53CcAAyiKf.jpg:large

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
I sure do hope he turns into a superstar. I think he has a chance to do it with his fantastic skating and that quick Kesselish wrist shot.

Such an exciting prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->