Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread 2016-17

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Gudbranson back on the ice today. Tomlinson said it'll be a while before he's ready to practice, though.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
The difference is I'm less concerned about the longer-term ability of Sutter to contribute when the team eventually turns it around... in the sense that I don't expect much.

Definitely agree, but still. Just no point in playing guys that shouldn't play.

Marky apparentaly "a couple of games" away still. But he's back skating so there is still hope he might crack 8 starts in 2017 :sarcasm:

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
If they don't shut down Tanev it's idiotic on their part. You can't play a guy like him with his injury history through multiple injuries in the backend of a meaningless end to a season.

He's wasn't on the ice for the Sunday skate so maybe he's been shutdown.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
If they don't shut down Tanev it's idiotic on their part. You can't play a guy like him with his injury history through multiple injuries in the backend of a meaningless end to a season.

He's wasn't on the ice for the Sunday skate so maybe he's been shutdown.

He and Granlund apparently had food poisoning. So unfortunately, they'll probably rush him back.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
According to the latest Provies, Marky might not play again this season.

Oh good!

Just add even more uncertainty into our goaltending situation going into next year. Means Miller will get worked down to a nub and collapse which is a positive.

But, we have to be really concerned that Markstrom has played more than ~35 starts only once in the last 8 years. The extension is looking like a bit of a dud at this point.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Oh good!

Just add even more uncertainty into our goaltending situation going into next year. Means Miller will get worked down to a nub and collapse which is a positive.

But, we have to be really concerned that Markstrom has played more than ~35 starts only once in the last 8 years. The extension is looking like a bit of a dud at this point.

As long as we don't allow our goaltenders be chariots in the future I'm not concerned at all.

Marky's lack of play time isn't performance or injury related. It's Miller related.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
According to the latest Provies, Marky might not play again this season.

What a freakin' disaster.....the only NHL goalie under contract for next season, and Willie only played him 23 games all year.....but they'd be crazy to let this influence their decision on Miller....would make no sense at his age to give him a two-year deal, so he probably walks.

So it's either Bachman or some other NHL journeyman as a stop-gap until Demko is ready....based on his play in the AHL recently, that might have to be sooner rather than later.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Just get Niemi or Lehtonen. Dallas would pay us to take one away, they will help the tank, they are gone before 2018-19 so Demko has an open slot.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Perfect....can this be real?.....the guy scored 19 goals with a bad wrist?.....I guess Goldy takes his place on the Horvat line?....but sounds to me like the 'full-on tank' might be at work here.

They should shut Eriksson down for the season.....knew at the time that the knee injury was a lot more serious than they were saying....and the way Sutter is going, they should park him as well.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I like how when Botch teased a Canuck was playing through a wrist issue and everyone was like, guessing it was one of the umpteen Canuck veterans having **** seasons - Sutter, Eriksson, D Sedin, Gudbranson, Megna - and it turns out, no, it's the breakout goalscoring winger.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I like how when Botch teased a Canuck was playing through a wrist issue and everyone was like, guessing it was one of the umpteen Canuck veterans having **** seasons - Sutter, Eriksson, D Sedin, Gudbranson, Megna - and it turns out, no, it's the breakout goalscoring winger.

Yep management can't even get any positive spin out of this one.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI

So Gudbranson doesnt have a wrist injury ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad