Canucks in Spengler Cup

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
haha. calm down. I'm in love with schneider.

I saw someone say he played baaaad in the spengler cup main thread so I was just wondering how he played. I know he killed it in the playoffs for us. in the game he played before this one he had like 15 saves and gave up a few goals.

Also, it's luongo321, not luongo123.

I did not see anyone say he played bad the only comment i seen was this, unless I missed one "feel bad for Schneider but I don't think he was really at fault for most of them". Looking at the highlights it definately was not a good game for him though he was getting left high and dry on some of them against sharp shooters. I think luc said he put on a clinic a few days ago but still looked rusty as expected. I think thats a fair assessment of what I have seen from him playing oversee's as well this month. He had played very well for ambri piotta (one of the best SV% but only over 7 games) but did look a bit rusty to me as well, and I also dont know how familiar he is with international ice, its quite different for goalies.

I think people were face palming because you suggested it was worrisome if he could not raise his game..... for the spengler cup.

Kypreos was mentioning the other week how the tournament is a good time, some bring their families and some party. He back tracked to make it sound like he was not suggesting it was not important after someone asked him what hes trying to say, but basically hinted its not a big deal to players, as everyone knows. So I am not sure why you would be worried about him trying to raise his game in the spengler.

And from the highlights it did look like his worse game so far during the lockout.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
[spoil]Canada leading 2-0 early in the championship final. Goals by Bergeron and Walser.[/spoil]

Thought I would put my post in spoiler just in case anyone was PVRinf it or going to watch it later.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Canada leading 2-0 early in the championship final. Goals by Bergeron and Walser.

I almost feel bad having Team Canada in the Spengler Cup with the lockout on.

3-0 now!!!

Ryan Smyth scores shorthanded. Bergeron with a 3 point night just 7 minutes in.

haha.... K. Maybe I don't feel that bad!

@PG Canuck: Honestly, if someone was going to PVR this game, visiting an HFBoards thread is a pretty unwise thing to do.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I almost feel bad having Team Canada in the Spengler Cup with the lockout on.

3-0 now!!!

Ryan Smyth scores shorthanded. Bergeron with a 3 point night just 7 minutes in.

haha.... K. Maybe I don't feel that bad!

When you think about it, it's really not all that unfair. Canada just throws a team together with no chemistry, although they do have really good players. The teams they play in the Spengler Cup, actually play together all season long, and are usually top teams in their respective leagues. Also it's not like these teams don't have NHLers of their own that are very good.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Captain Canada has also scored to make it 3-0. Patrice Bergeron with three points already.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
When you think about it, it's really not all that unfair. Canada just throws a team together with no chemistry, although they do have really good players. The teams they play in the Spengler Cup, actually play together all season long, and are usually top teams in their respective leagues. Also it's not like these teams don't have NHLers of their own that are very good.

That's very true. It's just that after the first game, Canada has completely dominated its competition. But you're right, its not a guaranteed thing that Canada will come together in time.

And as I type this, it's now 3-1. Maybe Davos makes a game of this afterall.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That's very true. It's just that after the first game, Canada has completely dominated its competition. But you're right, its not a guaranteed thing that Canada will come together in time.

And as I type this, it's now 3-1. Maybe Davos makes a game of this afterall.

In Davos' defence, this is their 5th game in 5 days I believe.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Ryan Smyth with his second of the game. 4-1 Canada now. Patrice Bergeron with four points now.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It's in the books, Canada wins the Spengler Cup 7-2 over Davos. The year the NHLers came. Pure domination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->