Canucks in Spengler Cup

Whale

Jul 29, 2006
Victoria
Schnieder - Friebourg

Good to see him getting some playoff type experience.

Kirill Koltsov - Ufa

Remember him? Looking forward to potentially seeing how he has progressed. Too bad he never committed to NA, he would probably be a big part of our team being an offensively blessed RHD, would look great with the twins and Edler.

Josh Holden - Team Canada

Ooooh, yeah, our two way shut down center of the future, the Joe Colbourne of his day :)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Koltsov had some of the sickets hands I've ever seen on a Canuck prospect. Damn shame he didn't stick it out in North America - I think he'd have been a terrific offensive defenseman.

Josh Holden...man. Wasn't he on pace to be great, but he mangled his wrist or something? I seem to recall his shot being his bread and butter, but his wrist getting injured after his draft year.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Koltsov had some of the sickets hands I've ever seen on a Canuck prospect. Damn shame he didn't stick it out in North America - I think he'd have been a terrific offensive defenseman.

Josh Holden...man. Wasn't he on pace to be great, but he mangled his wrist or something? I seem to recall his shot being his bread and butter, but his wrist getting injured after his draft year.

Koltsov would never have flourished playing in a Canucks defensive system.

Whale

Jul 29, 2006
Victoria
Koltsov would never have flourished playing in a Canucks defensive system.

Yeah, but he'd be great in this one, apparently his defensive game has improved a great deal, I would love to see him and Kane matched up for a playoff series, very similar players in all ways except one is F and the other D

Britton

Nov 28, 2008

Yeah his hand/wrist got stepped on in during a game and he was never the same. It wasn't just his shot that suffered, it was also the way he played. He started to shy away from the dirty area's after that.

StringerBell

Cory is playing right now. Game is under way since some minutes...

Oh really? TSN2 is airing it at 11:00am. Just assumed it would be live for whatever reason. Will be sure to stay out of this thread for the next few hours then!

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
009609526.jpg

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Is there a repeat of the game anywhere?, I really wanna watch

StringerBell

Damn, thought TSN was showing it at 11 but it's the Davos game instead. Not impressed!

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
HOLY DOG BALLS

I never knew how awesome Kiril Koltsov looked, I got into following Canucks Prospects right around the time Grabner was drafted, I know its a highlight reel so even Jan Bulis could look good ( Prolly not )

Edit - Its also the bigger ice, so its not likely to happen in North America

ZenMaster*

Koltsov looks incredible in that video, it would be nice to see a dangler of that caliber on the Canucks roster.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Koltov was probably our next highest skilled player after Naslund when he got drafted. If he stayed another year he would probably made full time...

actually probably not since AV hates skilled rookie player especially skilled Europeans.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Does anyone know if Schneider is going to play in net for his team in the Spengler Cup tomorrow morning?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->